The Bowhunters in NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Our flight is May 15 we will be there at Mrs.Bowhunters parents for 2 weeks of Golf eating seafood and the beach. My question is. Is there any rocketry dealers around on Long Island? We will have internet access there so we will be filling everyone in on the details of this trip but remember im a country hick going to the city

"Close" being a relative term and Long Island being a really "long place" There is one suggestion.

Countdown Hobbies in Bethel CT.

WWW.COUNTDOWNHOBBIES.COM

Keith has more rocket kits in stock than anybody I have ever heard of.

I was there last weekend (bought a PML Endeavor)

Some of the stuff on display...

PML
Cosmodrome
BSD
Public Enemy
Edmonds
ASP
LOC/YANK

If you go, figure on bringing cash, It is the kind of place that can max out your credit card as fast as a G80 would put a Mosquito on the moon.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
"Close" being a relative term and Long Island being a really "long place" There is one suggestion.

Countdown Hobbies in Bethel CT.

WWW.COUNTDOWNHOBBIES.COM

Keith has more rocket kits in stock than anybody I have ever heard of.

Countdown Hobbies is a great store, but it's Kevin, not Keith, running the place.

Well everyone we leave tomarrow I wont beable to cut, epoxy, sand, paint, or launch any thing for two whole weeks :( but Ill always have TRF to keep my sanity :D

Well its been nuts here and I havent found one hobby shop any where there is so much stuff here (I think I have gained 10 lbs) the food is awesome

Tell Mrs Bowhunter that you need lots of pizza to ward off the withdrawal symptoms of no rockets.
If that fails buy her some chocolate. (or a rocket kit)

David

Well he's doing a little better, he found 2 hobby shops today .. unfortunately they didnt have all that much stuff but it was enough to see a rocket lol. The pizza is making up for it .. hes eaten pizza almost every day that he has been here lmao. Im starting to get sick of pizza (omg i cant believe i said that!)

any hoots .. we're having fun .. i got him to go in the ocean for the first time yesterday and tommarrow hes going fishing on my brother's boat, so he doesnt have it too bad lol.

just thought id update and say hi!!!!

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Our flight is May 15 we will be there at Mrs.Bowhunters parents for 2 weeks of Golf eating seafood and the beach. My question is. Is there any rocketry dealers around on Long Island? We will have internet access there so we will be filling everyone in on the details of this trip but remember im a country hick going to the city

I think Hanger 11 (www.hanger11.com) might be closer to L.I., but I don't know how much store front if any they have.

From what I hear Countdown is as much a museum as a store.

When you're on L.I., wave. I'm on the top floor of a hospital in CT looking out over the bay. I can see L.I. easily. I'll keep an eye out for you.

You know, with as few places as there are to fly here in CT, I keep looking out over L.I. Sound and thinking "If I built it waterproof, and put a balloon on the chute, and had a boat to tow a raft with a launcher on it, that sound has an awful lot of wasted room." Then again, that'd mean dealing with Coast Guard as well as FAA and ATFE.

Back