the blue streak

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by corpse
my 3 rd prodject
is Apogee's blue streak
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Blue_Streak_rocket.asp
a small rocket it calls for a 13 mm motor.

should i go 13 mm or 18 mm
motor ?

Just finished mine up today, first one completed and painted.

I went with the 18mm option and will friction fit the motor. Choice will depend a lot on what you want and where you want to use the rocket. With the 18mm it will go reeeeaaaaalllllly high, so unless you are going to get a waver you might want a smaller motor in it.

lol to late
i went 18 mm.
this is the 2nd time i made it.
the 1st one went up about 50 feet
and
made a left and never seen it again.
LOL!
the last time i seen it , it was going over a line of trees.
me and my kid looked for about 45 min. for it
and could not find it .
she lol the hole time saying we hit a cow .
( cows were mooing in the back ground)
was thinking about cutting this one down from 11 inch. to 9 inch to cut .oz s off
but could not find saw.

it still needs paint

twowalks
u from Sonora,
i grow up in Oakdale
small world LOL

The Blue Streak looks very cool
if that calls for 13mm and you put a 18mm mmt in it instead, man that puppy is gonna go outta sight.

Did you use the same fin placement when you built the Blue Streak last time? That may be why it made a left; did you check the stability of the rocket with this alternate fin placement?

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

no i put the fines on diff. this time .
they look better , this time .
hope to fly it today.

Originally posted by corpse
twowalks
u from Sonora,
i grow up in Oakdale
small world LOL

Corpse, I got the pm but for some reason I can not use the pm feature to send messages out, always says url not found.

Really like Sonora - all my rockets that I have so far came from the Hobby shop in Oakdale.

I travel a lot and work mostly weekends, but yes it would be great to get together to shoot off a few. Lunar shoots are in Livermore not far from Oakdale, perhaps one of your visits will fit in with a shoot there and we could join in.

Back