• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold The beginning of the End

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and now, the musical interlude:
🎶 If you need an oop part, go see dave, if you need an oop part go see dave, if you need an oop part, make a deal and he will part with an obscure rocket part, if you need an oop part, go see dave🎵
10 bonus points if you can identify the tune.
And now, back to our regularly scheduled cluster....
( did he just say cluster?...)

(Again for emphasis: NOT leaving rocketry! just fireworks. Digging around my fine stack of 'wall 'o' footlockers' I am thinning the herd while I have your attention. For my next act, I will set myself on fire. Not really, just a favourite line from an old comedy routine)

man first day here and I remember all those places makes me feel nostalgic ..I had a blue box so I didnt need the whistle...........I miss BBS and or the early years of what we now refer to as the WWW. Feels like network tv now. I like how thw knowledge test was making black powder not reading about it and understanding it but making it hhahahhhah.
My superpower is nicknames, so to me you are now "Zed" ( long story short, grew up in Great Britain. Grandfather was Scottish and yeah, that still includes Scotland...forever., lol! )
Welcome to the smoke and insanity! post pics of yer birds, ask any questions you may have ( none are dumb- first rule of TRF) and jump in if you can help somebody else.
Tips, tricks, suggestions and bad jokes are always appreciated. What ever level you fly we can sink to that.We rise to any occasion, esp. if beer drinking is involved.
Just don't ask real rocket engineering questions 'cuz the geeks will bury you with help, do the math and 3d print the part.

Dammit Cris, now I gotta go look in the spare spare bedroom in the bottom in the back to make sure I got rid of that. I did find an 8" floppy from a Wang work station. Still looking for the beta tester version of Windows I know I have somewhere. My Mac SE still works fine, you just have to work at finding tractor paper for the printer. I have a roll of perf edge to use with the old aerotech copper fires or whatever they were called. Still some in the range box. OMG! Am I really a nerd? You know me, really not that smart. Hell, I can barely feed myself.

Hah! I could be a little bitch and say you started it! I still owe you a call, things have been a bit frantic here lately. def NOT leaving HPR, right now, just fireworks. Next weekend good?
yes next weekend is good. PM to confirm you have the right number

yes next weekend is good. PM to confirm you have the right number
Can do. Glad you missed LDRS, it was brutal afternoons. Bigger than average fail rates. Sasha would NOT have been happy, but u know that. I need dog time. Maybe stop by the house this summer? I'd rather do that than Chris picking up. Are you sure I can't talk you into one last ROCstock?

Can do. Glad you missed LDRS, it was brutal afternoons. Bigger than average fail rates. Sasha would NOT have been happy, but u know that. I need dog time. Maybe stop by the house this summer? I'd rather do that than Chris picking up. Are you sure I can't talk you into one last ROCstock?
pm and I'll give you all the contact info

Another CoCo user :) Awesome!
"Yes Virginia, we do exist."
CoCo 2 32k and 64k; Coco 3 with 128k and 512k and with multiple floppy drives and a 30 Mb hard drive to boot! Had 300 baud, 1200 bps, 2400 bps, 9600 bps, 19.2kps, 36kps and 64kps modems... Compuserve, Delphi, and FidoNet back in the '80s which well before today's kids even knew about the Internet.

CoCo 2 32k and 64k; Coco 3 with 128k and 512k and with multiple floppy drives and a 30 Mb hard drive to boot! Had 300 baud, 1200 bps, 2400 bps, 9600 bps, 19.2kps, 36kps and 64kps modems... Compuserve, Delphi, and FidoNet back in the '80s which well before today's kids even knew about the Internet.
And we thought that was fast!

Man, you just made me feel really REALLY old..... :p

I wish I were closer to you.
Chuck, while we're here, I have something for you. Sadly, I packed it up to ship and promptly buried it in a non-descript box, unlabeled, similar to the closing scene of "Lost Raiders of the Ark". You also got re-assigned. So, send me your home addy and I can ease my conscience from all the years of being a slacker. Designed with your mind in mind and NOT a rocket part. I really think you'll like it. For your desk back when you were collecting the tubes from patient table paper, remember?

That brings up memories. I still have a few and a few 8-inch floppies.

Very soon, I will be delivering a computer with 8" floppy drives to someone.

Also, if you ever want to get rid of those floppies, let me know - there's demand for them.

Very soon, I will be delivering a computer with 8" floppy drives to someone.

Also, if you ever want to get rid of those floppies, let me know - there's demand for them.

What do they use them for now?

What do they use them for now?

I collect TRS-80s and Apple IIs. I know others who collect other systems.

As an example, last fall I made a trip to another state to pick up a bunch of old systems. I've farmed most of those out to others who wanted them, and kept the ones I wanted.

I'd do the same with floppies - share them with the retro computer community.

Nvm, I think you answered while I was posting! Ohhhh, can we be friends?
(The Viking Princess would kill me, but it would only hurt for a minute....)

Don’t go being so dramatic mate, 😂. LaMesa huh? I don’t remember the name of the place, but there was an awesome pizza place, the cheese pizza was to die for and it had a sweetness to it (probably sugar in the tomato sauce). Narrow streets on a sloping hill and it seemed it was situated on a triangle piece of property. Of course, that was 1975, probably long gone and only remains in memories.

I collect TRS-80s and Apple IIs. I know others who collect other systems.

As an example, last fall I made a trip to another state to pick up a bunch of old systems. I've farmed most of those out to others who wanted them, and kept the ones I wanted.

I'd do the same with floppies - share them with the retro computer community.
I have an old apple 2 with two drives. It works great and is over 30 years old.

Don’t go being so dramatic mate, 😂. LaMesa huh? I don’t remember the name of the place, but there was an awesome pizza place, the cheese pizza was to die for and it had a sweetness to it (probably sugar in the tomato sauce). Narrow streets on a sloping hill and it seemed it was situated on a triangle piece of property. Of course, that was 1975, probably long gone and only remains in memories.
Hank, oh buddy! You don't know these people. It's prolly still there. Seems the whole downtown area has this Andy of Mayberry vibe to it right from the 60's. Granted, they aren't so behind the times they have to pump in sunlight, but things change glacially here ( if you ignore climate warming). If you recall our last, is that offer still open? Fighting with the state for my last disability payment. It would go to a good cause ( you!) lol.

71066,337 with sysop free flags. Dial-up using a modem I designed (see my mention in Wikipedia related to BBS's).

All CompuServe account numbers have only digits 0->7. Stored as octal!

Anyone remember the GENIE online service?
I was a member of Genie......back when my computer was a Dell 486DX25 running DOS 5.x and Windows 3.1iirc...dial up modem, found a 5.25" floppy the other day...with a hand cut notch to make it double sided, probably has programs for the schools TRASH 80 on it. Kind of miss the old school command line interface (yes its still there if you want to look for it, but Im too lazy for that now).

@fyrwrxz you scared me there with this thread for a hot second man. No idea how I missed you at LDRS, I was there Friday and Saturday during flying hours.

I haven't read through all the ancient computer talk here but am wondering...Since there is a for sale label on this thread - is there anything actually for sale?

Back