The Batman (2022) - Spoilers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mushtang

Premium Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I saw The Batman over the weekend and loved it! It's very long, right at 3 hours, but I didn't ever feel like it was dragging on.

This Batman is much more of a detective like in the video games. Even though he does fight the bat guys he just less of a "go beat up the bad guys" and more "go talk to the bat guys and figure out what to do but end up defending himself." He move more slowly, which makes him seem more deliberate.

It was great that they didn't get into the origin of Batman. That's something we've seen in movies way too many times already.

The Batmobile is a highly modified 1970 Plymouth Barracuda and not an impossibly engineered car that can also spit out a motorcycle when it crashes. Not that the motorcycle wasn't super cool, but this is more like something a guy and his butler could have actually done themselves. It's totally awesome when he's chasing the Penguin in it.

I'll be seeing it again before it's out of the theaters for sure!!

At the very end The Joker makes a brief appearance and from what little I could see I wasn't really impressed. I would have LOVED to have seen Joaquin Phoenix's joker instead but I've heard that's just not going to be a thing.

A couple of funny things - I want to find a thumb drive like was in the film. It was great when they left the Penguin standing there with his ankles bound and he had to waddle away. That was a nice touch.

Back