The Bacon Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, how do you like your bacon?

• Crispy

• Floppy

• Nearly charred

• Doesn't matter... It's BACON!

• I'm nuts... Turkey bacon

• Please check me into the nearest psych ward... I don't like bacon

Results are only viewable after voting.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like it? :flyingpig:

Btw... If it had wings, it is not bacon. :wink:

Last edited:
You forgot wrapped around stuff and smoked.....

15097119278_ba0ed7e6bd.jpg
15260665336_cfdaf0037a.jpg
15097119318_c8bb481734.jpg

18318879421_2f88cefa18.jpg
18317462235_638ac867c4.jpg
18431662372_939ed2c75f.jpg

But for regular old bacon?> thick and crisp.

8362983763_fdec5bfc49.jpg

Baked in the oven and brushed with real Maple Syrup. Place on rack in cookie sheet, brush with syrup, 30 minutes at 325 then turn, brush and another 12-15 minutes. Take it out before you think it's done. Prepare for a mess but it's worth it. Bacon Candy?

Baked in the oven and brushed with real Maple Syrup. Place on rack in cookie sheet, brush with syrup, 30 minutes at 325 then turn, brush and another 12-15 minutes. Take it out before you think it's done. Prepare for a mess but it's worth it. Bacon Candy?

I recently switched from frying to baking. My god! Had I known how much easier it was! I do 15 minutes at 425 on foil in a cookie tray. done and done. The syrup is a fun touch.

I recently switched from frying to baking. My god! Had I known how much easier it was! I do 15 minutes at 425 on foil in a cookie tray. done and done. The syrup is a fun touch.

I know. Cooking Bacon was a pet peeve of mine. Baking it is so much better.

Shewt, I know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning.

I bake mine as well. At low temp then broil for a minute at the end so it comes out soft with crisp edges

Coat w/ Sriracha. Dredge in brown sugar. Place on rack in pan. Slide into oven. Try not to eat too much bacon. Eat too much bacon.

Finally a useful thread. Other than wrapping around stuff I BBQ/grill, I generally am impatient and hungry when I make it. I already have seen some recipes that I will try. Thanks fellow bacon eaters!

Just had Bacon for breakfast this morning, fried to almost the point of crispy but still flexible. I love bacon, and we save the drippings for use with other cooking projects yum!

I like it crispy. But I will eat in almost any form. I say almost, because I don't go in for many novelty bacon items, like chocolate-covered bacon --- just give me chocolate and bacon separately, please. I have had a bacon-topped maple bar from Voodoo Donuts, and it was pretty goos, as were the other dozen donuts I ate that day.

I just LOVE the smell of frying bacon...or, is baking bacon? Anyway, even if you have had breakfast, the smell of cooking bacon makes you hunger all over again.

I have been on a sausage kick for months now for some reason. Local meat market makes it a lot better than store bought. Now I would ask what is your favorite brand of Bacon.

Local grocery store (Schnucks) had thick cut bacon at the meat counter. 1 lb was 9 slices! That's thick cut bacon. Applewood smoked. Put in the oven for ~30 minutes @ 350° and came out purrfect!!!

I'm not a little ashamed to admit over the course of the morning, all 9 slices were gone (I was home alone...) :blush: :facepalm:
Oh, I prefer "Floppy". GF likes it crunchy to almost charred.
Adrian

At the Ohio State Fair in Columbus this year, they had bacon covered with white, milk or dark chocolate for $1.99 per slice. I passed.

But I did have a BBQ Lamb sandwich. Good eating.

So...... chain bacon...usually bad....but..... anyone tried this yet?

1024x557_KH_BLT_BSBClub_silo_tan.jpg

Arby's is well known for making total crap....the italian sub a painful example..... but then the turkey bacon club there is impressive..... I need to try this and report back i believe.

Found this online....seems to be a bit of a discrepancy....
IMG_20150703_165317.jpg

Last edited:
So...... chain bacon...usually bad....but..... anyone tried this yet?

1024x557_KH_BLT_BSBClub_silo_tan.jpg

Arby's is well known for making total crap....the italian sub a painful example..... but then the turkey bacon club there is impressive..... I need to try this and report back i believe.

Found this online....seems to be a bit of a discrepancy....
IMG_20150703_165317.jpg

I went to school for computer graphics back in 1998. They literally taught us how to Photoshop pictures of burgers to make them more appealing. Remove grease, green-up the lettuce, make the tomato a deep red, less sauce here, more there, the whole 9 yards.

Back