"The Andy" Rocket launch.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klatuso

Reaction score
Had a great day for a rocket launch. This one was homemade.

For those who are curious about my rather strange dress. I am a Catholic monk at a monastery in Albuquerque. Let's not start a thread about my alternative lifestyle but focus on this classy rocket. It was flown on an Aerotech reload RMS-24/40 D motor, and boy! It went fast and high. I love the Aerotech RMS D motors!

Last edited:
All I can say is, in my best Burt Ward as Robin voice, “Holy rocket launch Batman!” Sorry, just couldn’t help myself;)

Did you get the Protostar back? Great job on the fin fillets. I’ve been waffling on buying one - yours looked very nice.

Grrr ... Facebook is blocked at work. I'm sure it was great based on comments!

I certainly hope you can call upon some "divine intervention" if a rocket appears to be heading for the trees!

Nice flights, Padre. One of the perks of living in the desert, I guess. Wide, open spaces. Living on an island, not so much....:(

I think that has to be the best dressed launch I have ever seen. 5 or 6 monks in white cassocks and a "civilian" in a bow tie. OK, I'm not sure cassocks is the correct term.

I think that has to be the best dressed launch I have ever seen. 5 or 6 monks in white cassocks and a "civilian" in a bow tie. OK, I'm not sure cassocks is the correct term.

We call them habits. Darned uncomfortable and not great for chasing rockets landing on a mesa in the high desert. But heck, it's what we do.

All I can say is, in my best Burt Ward as Robin voice, “Holy rocket launch Batman!” Sorry, just couldn’t help myself;)

Did you get the Protostar back? Great job on the fin fillets. I’ve been waffling on buying one - yours looked very nice.

cut out the cones from the strew and glue them on the flat end of the pods. Looks better than nothing. And yes I got the rocket back. Landed approximately 40 yards from the launch pad. It was a perfectly quiet day.

Nice flights, Padre. One of the perks of living in the desert, I guess. Wide, open spaces. Living on an island, not so much....:(

Holy moly! My dream is to live on an island! The thing everyone says about New Mexico is "Great beach. No ocean." I miss the ocean and take a vacation every year to the gulf coast of Florida or Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I must swim and re-baptize in salt water. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the good folks in the Florida pan handle and beyond in the terrible wake of Hurricane Michael. Let's send our prayers to them.

I wish I had trees. As much as they might get in the way of the rockets.

I guess it is that grass is always greener situation....lol....I launch at my dad's farm in Kansas...very open spaces...that is when i use the bigger engines and bigger rockets. I do risk i from time to time...and have lost some rockets to trees...haha

Back