"The aliens are silent because they're dead"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the real truth about aliens:

[video=youtube;dAcHfymgh4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAcHfymgh4Y[/video]

I got to ask, if you were a alien would you want to talk with us? As much as we have destroyed and ruined including working on killing our own planet. I would stay as far away as possible.

Both assume they're sufficiently advanced to equal or exceed our own evolution, which suggests a third alternative and given the history of the development of life on our planet they are neither benign nor hostile because they're microbial, vegetable, not yet developed to a sufficient level of intelligence to be either or some combination of all three.

2 likely scenarios come into my head if aliens do exist:
1. They are good in which case they would have see how we treat each other and decided "better not get involved"
2. They are bad in which case we won't know about them until they come to take over

The REAL reason we can't hear the aliens... (about 10:45 in)

[video=youtube;Do-wDPoC6GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM[/video]

Last edited:
Something not necessarily considered.
if alien intelligence is out there, Given how difficult interstellar travel is, what would their motivation be to come to Earth? How likely would they be to do it just for fn or for curiosity? If they ARE more advanced, they would probably already know we are here and what our technological level is (less than theirs.). So unless they want our planet or our resources, they wouldn't come. And if they did want those things, they would likely stay.

When resources are scarce, the idea of space exploration "just for the fun of it," seems a bit silly. For our children's children's children's children I guess we need to be prepared to leave the planet before either we pollute it to death or the sun fails (the latter we have plenty of time for, the former is more questionable.)

If it is as hard for them to get to us as it is for us to get to them, what is it we have that they would want? The Kardashians?

Back