The 1st Snow is in Alabama...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnie

Reaction score
A bumper crop at that. Since we have not had snow around here in years, here is what we get to call a "blizzard"

It' getting kinda cold up here in N. Idaho... A few days ago, when I woke up for school, it was 36(That's farenheight, by the way... :) That comes out to about 2 or 3 centigrade) ...:eek:

Yeah, I think the whole U.S. is cooling down. They are calling for one of the coldest and wetest winters in a long time...:D

32 north of Pittsburgh last night. Had to scrape windows to go to work. :mad:

They are calling for one of the coldest and wetest winters in a long time...

I for one would welcome a cold white winter. We have had roughly 4 winters in a row with temps averaging 70 degrees...thats not winter! thats spring or fall with grey skies.

Without cold winters to kill off some of the bug populations, we have been having rough times with fire ants, wasps, yellow jackets, etc. etc.

...besides, I'm a snow man at heart...not Buffalo, NY kinda snow (way too much white for me) but the occasional 6-12 inches over the course of the winter months I do not think is too much to ask for.

As for the cotton, "Ivan" tried to knock it down, but it is standing tall. If the market stays good, then "Mickie" the farmer who plants our fields should have a bumper season.

Originally posted by phaar
Yeah, I think the whole U.S. is cooling down. They are calling for one of the coldest and wetest winters in a long time...:D

I hope this is true for Europe too. 3 out of the last 5 ski trips I've made have had mild temperatures and/or rain the week before I travelled. Fortunately, it dumped enough snow for a fun week each time, but it's only a matter of time before I get a week without snow.

Seeing as between now and April the weather is sufficiently bad to prevent planning rocketry launches, I need something to look forward to. Snow just has to be the best weather on the planet.

If thats your back garden ( with the farm land at the back ) I'd be VERY happy! Looks big enough to launch a low B or C! Im sure if I lived there, I could work a deal out with the land owner / farmer :D ;)
Karl

If thats your back garden ( with the farm land at the back ) I'd be VERY happy! Looks big enough to launch a low B or C! Im sure if I lived there, I could work a deal out with the land owner / farmer

55 Acres, with 20 of it in cotton, and the rest is woods. After the cotton stalks are cut down, I do not have to go far to launch my goods. I can safely fly heavy rockets on G's or even an H, but I usually just fly QuEstes rockets and motors.

lol very impressive! You walk into your back yard and your at a launch site :D Pretty awesome if you ask me!
Karl

Snow!!!!

Time to pull out the skiis!!!

Come to Canada. You'll get to see real snow!!!

(Calgary Alberta which is pretty south for Canadians has had it snow every month of the year!!!)

Can't wait to pull out my skiis!!!

I got a job at a ski hill. That's how I afford rocketry!!!

We've had -5 (degrees celsius) already!!!

Sorry but I'm a cold weather bird to the heart!!!

What's the coldest it's been where you live?

It has been -30 (celsius) w/o the windchill:eek: :eek: :eek: in ottawa

Back