The 1966 Estes Catalog, I just got one.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Just received the gift of a 1966 Estes catalog in great condition. The misses got it off this new auction site called listia.com for a little of nothing. The site uses credits instead of our fake monies. You'll have to research it because I am too excited about my catalog to care.

A few photos are attached, she is a beauty! The only problem is that it is missing several pages from the middle but the misses doesn't need to know that.

DSC_5870crop.jpg

DSC_5871crop.jpg

DSC_5872crop.jpg

DSC_5873crop.jpg

DSC_5875crop.jpg

DSC_5878crop.jpg

DSC_5880crop.jpg

It's really nice to look at those old catalogs and relive the excitement of going through each page; it was a whole new world waiting to be explored. :)

In the 5th pic with all the rockets displayed , what is the yellow and black rocket with the clear payload bay laying on the stand in the right front ?

I have about 3 copies, including the one from which I made my first rocket orders.

I didn't really start in rocketry until fall 1967, but Estes still took my orders from the '66 catalog.

That's a wonderful gift! Hope you enjoy many hours of paging through the memories!

It's interesting to compare the catalogues of yesteryear with those of today. Back then, the pages were filled with all kinds of exciting descriptions of the rockets and a wealth of construction and technical data. These days however the pages seem filled with an overabundance of derivative E2X, ARTF and RTF 3FNC rockets with little if any description of the rocket's features other than a basic listing of specifications. I simply don't care that the 1330 Freefall is 52.1 cm long; what I want to know is if it comes with that really cool parachutist pictured beside it!

Back