Thanks to Jim Flis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxREKxxx

Reaction score
I sure don't want this to sound like a mutual admiration society but I simply must thank a good guy for a good turn.:D

Last night Pack 138 in Deerfield had its annual distribution of rockets for the May rocket launch. It rivals the Pinewood Derby for us and the boys are wild with anticipation This year we decided to go local with our bulk pack rockets and that means FlisKits. It's one thing to buy cool rockets from a company that's just a few towns over; its something else to have the man who designed and made them hand them out to the boys. (Jim mumbled something about saving the shipping costs by showing up in person.) :cool:

I could go on but I won't. Thanks Jim Oh yeah, thanks a lot, my kids didn't sleep for hours..... too excited Cub Scouts is a good organization and stuff like this really makes it worthwhile.
Bob Kilham
Cubmaster Pack 138, Deerfield, NH

ps Pictures will follow!

A) This is already a FlisKits admiration society ;)
B) Yeah...saving money on shipping....riiiiiight. You bought that? I've never known Jim to pass up the chance to share rockets with kids.

:eek:

what can I say... gotta love the kids. I was amazed with how many quesitons they had and how well thought out the questions were. From the parents and leaders too!

A great time had by all. I can't wait for the launch in May. The kids are all excited because I'm bringing most of mine to demo for them.

Originally posted by jflis
:eek:

what can I say... gotta love the kids. I was amazed with how many quesitons they had and how well thought out the questions were. From the parents and leaders too!

A great time had by all. I can't wait for the launch in May. The kids are all excited because I'm bringing most of mine to demo for them.

Nice work Jim! So does this mean you'll be putting an F21W in the upscale Grissom? :D

perhaps at NARAM or NSL. I have to find the time to replace a section of ducting tube that got crinkled during its last flight...

Back