Thanks to Everyone!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Well, the first 24 hours have passed everyone. Within those first 24 hours we've had over 260 users register and over 500 posts. I'm impressed!

Thanks to everyone, again, for their continued patience and support! Have a great night!

I'd like to congratulate the TRF staff for a job well done.:)

Thanks for all the hard work Troy, and all who helped Troy out! Been hard to stay away and be productive at work today, knowing TRF was back up.

Thanks for all the hard work Troy and also all other the people who help get this site back up and running.

I had only been a member since last august. And until it was gone, I didn't realize how bad I would miss it.

Anyhoo...it's good to be back.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Thank you for all you hard work!! Happy to see the sight up again.

There was another post somewhere solely intent on thanking Troy, but I can't find it. In any event, yes a HUGE thanx for all your hard work, despite the holidays, surgery and what all else you had to go thru.

Also a big kudos to Scott over at YORF for putting up with all of us, and for helping Troy out. Too bad you guys don't live close, I'd buy you a beer(or soda).

The site looks great, and it is amazing how much info has been added in just a short time. Thanx again.

Troy, all the thanks should go to you and everyone else who contributed to this project. We all owe you an enormous debt for resurrecting this wonderful resource and committing to keeping it going. You are the best!

Mark \\.

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them.

To be honest though, I was only tenacious. When I came into rocketry back in 2004, after a Boy Scout Woodbadge Experience (Octobery Sky & building an Estes Yankee) up in Alaska, TRF gave me a world-wide rocketry community, as there aren't too many rocketeers in Alaska. (Lots of land = lots of trees.)

So I became a TRF "addict". At some point last year when I saw TRF starting to waiver a bit, I figured it was the least I could do to pay things forward for all that it gave to me personally. So here I am. Prior to this I knew nothing about webhosting, message board software, php or html (and still don't), etc.

The real heros are those people like Scott (YORF) and Darrell (RP) who gave a lot towards TRF's resurrection. The allowed the facilitation of TRF discussions, provided an avenue for interim TRF discussion, and Scott especially was on-hand, with no-notice, last Saturday night when I my attempt to bring TRF up. If it wasn't for him talking to me on the phone, while on vacation, I'd still be in the dark on some issues - and probably still am on others.

When I came into rocketry back in 2004, after a Boy Scout Woodbadge Experience (Octobery Sky & building an Estes Yankee) up in Alaska, TRF gave me a world-wide rocketry community, as there aren't too many rocketeers in Alaska. (Lots of land = lots of trees.)

I was in the Boy Scouts back in the mid-seventies. Our troop didn't do any model rocketry. However, we did use a Centuri "Power Pad" launch system to light-off our troops cannon. It was reminiscent of those old deck cannons back during the age of sail. It was about 2 feet long, 10 inches in height and weighed about 40 pounds. We fired it at the start of every weekly Scout meeting and during monthly campouts, it's concussion could be felt as it signaled reveille and taps.

Those were the days!

Back