Thank You

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to post a public thank you to all the members of this forum....

I started FlisKits 3 months ago today...

The idea of FlisKits has been a long time dream of mine and Brian's. When I approached my wife about this idea, I received overwhelming support. Same when I approached my partner, Brian and his wife.

and, son of a gun, the same reaction from all of our customers and rocketry friends around the world!

My dream and goal is that FlisKits not be a small basement operation, but rather be an industry. One focused on quality designs and kits with customer support second to none.

This is happening, not by some big financial backer; not by some conglomerate parent company (there is none); not because of a wish or luck.

It is happening because of the support, faith and feedback of folks like you. You have no idea how satisfying it is to hear from a happy customer. For that matter, even a not so happy customer providing feedback so that we can make our products and services better and better. All feedback is, in my eyes, *positive* feedback if we choose to use it to our (and YOUR) benifit.

So, what more can I say than THANK YOU!

Jim,
I haven't ordered one of your kits(yet!)
but I definately will soon.I need to rebuild funds afer all the 1/2 price sales going on lately
I like the fact that your designs are unique and not just annother cookie cutter selection

Is there any chance you will release some of the classic type designs like century and older estes stuff.?
..this seems to be a
much desired market that (I feel) is untapped and could prove to be a big seller to the BAR types like myself.

If I had your resource of knowledge, and marketing skills.
(.....and I don't) I would surely try.
century's not coming back and estes is getting more into the toy aspect of rocketry every year...someone out there needs to fill the gap!

your doing a great job Jim,congrats and thanks,
Andy

Yeah, what Swimmer said.

Not only do your rockets look cool, you are a cool dude also.

You know I have a couple of your kits under the Christmas tree, the anticipation is building....:D

Keep up the good work!!

bmhiii

Jim,

I think you made a bold statement by assuring customer satisfaction. Your record with treating your customers as priority #1, along with quality products, is the reason your company will press on forward. Make an effort to release a new kit on occasion, continue great service, and continue great quality kits - how can you go wrong? Sheesh, you even offer a free kit at your expense if you screw up!

Ok...now for my greedy request... :D Offer an incentive such as a price break or toss in a free kit after purchasing a certain amount! I think most BAR's can relate to the awesome feeling you get from receiving a FREE kit for buying a certain value amount of kits! I used to love when Estes would toss in a free rocket for spending a certain amount. Ok, I know it's early in the game for FlisKits, but perhaps down the road?

Thanks!

PS - I never realized how big the Richter Recker was until I saw some of the photo album pics!

https://www.fliskits.com/photo_album/cmass_102002t/images/richter_pose.jpg

>>>strongly considering as a next purchase!<<<

ya know, i have so many cool ideas that I want to put into production... ...youse guys gots no idea...! :D

We're going to be announcing two new kits in Feburary (hope to have a pre announcement up soon). The only thing keeping more from happening quicker is time and capital.

for example, we had to make the decision (for december) to either announce the new kits or manufacture in preperation for distribution. We decided that fulfilling a distributors order was a higher priority at the moment (hence the delay till feb)

It really boils down to where we should spend the capital that is available. Over time, there will be more capital to work with and things will start happening quicker. On our website I comment that I would like to start announcing new products every 4-6 weeks. At some point we hope to be able to do that, but we can't just yet.

We have two designs slated for Feb (not counting components and Bulk Packs) and we have 8 other designs essentially in the can, waiting for capital in order to push into production. 2003 is going to be an incredible year, I can tell you that!

And, all of your wonderful words warms me deep inside (seriously) and convinces me even more that starting this company was the right thing to do and that I seem to be doing it right. thanx

Originally posted by eugenefl

Ok...now for my greedy request... :D Offer an incentive such as a price break or toss in a free kit after purchasing a certain amount! I think most BAR's can relate to the awesome feeling you get from receiving a FREE kit for buying a certain value amount of kits! I used to love when Estes would toss in a free rocket for spending a certain amount. Ok, I know it's early in the game for FlisKits, but perhaps down the road?

Oh, there is no question that this is coming! Right now, it's a *time* thing. There's just so much we'd love to do! One of our biggest problems is that we sometimes try to tackle too many things at once and then they *all* suffer. We have to get better (and *ARE* getting better) at focusing on a few things to completion.

PS - I never realized how big the Richter Recker was until I saw some of the photo album pics!

https://www.fliskits.com/photo_album/cmass_102002t/images/richter_pose.jpg

>>>strongly considering as a next purchase!<<<

yep *S* she's a big sucker! over 7 1/2 feet tall, 2.217" diameter! I am going to be changing the engine specs to call out D12-5 instead of D12-3, however. Also, I am going to be testing it with C11-3 and E9-4's. As big as she is, she's only 11.39 ounces, so she should look VERY cool on E9's... :D

Back