Quantcast

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

powderburner

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed?

The labels on each post have been switched back to show the date and time of posting, not the "elapsed time" info that was shown when TRF2 was brought up. I don't know why such a silly little thing bugged me so much, but I would like to post a big Thank You! to our guys who do such a great job on TRF.

Does this mean we have to start calling this forum TRF 3?

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I started noticing some thing was different but didn't make anything of it.

It is more confusing. Instead of saying the last post was 6 hours ago, it gives the date and I have to figure the difference. Change it back.

GlennW

Reaction score
Looks like so far powderburner is the only one who likes this way. Check out the "Me no like" thread, seems everyone else including me wants to change it back.

Glenn

Pippen

Reaction score
Looks like so far powderburner is the only one who likes this way. Check out the "Me no like" thread, seems everyone else including me wants to change it back.

Glenn
Not everyone. I like the numbers--it's easier for me.

andytherocketeer

Reaction score
Much better with real time :)

When it said "xx minutes ago", that was virtually useless, since it was not xx minutes ago, but xx minutes ago whenever I last refreshed a page.
If some people really want xx (+ a random time) minutes ago, then make it a user option?

I wouldn't complain if it used "Today" and "Yesterday" though rather than full date, just so long as it has a proper time.

JRThro

TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
As I said over on the "Me No Like" thread, I like it better this way.

InFlight

Reaction score
I started noticing some thing was different but didn't make anything of it.

It is more confusing. Instead of saying the last post was 6 hours ago, it gives the date and I have to figure the difference. Change it back.
You can change your time zone in the User CP. Just go to "Settings & Options" and click "Edit Options" and scroll down to the "Date & Time Options".

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You can change your time zone in the User CP. Just go to "Settings & Options" and click "Edit Options" and scroll down to the "Date & Time Options".
time zone was not the problem. Just easire when it says so many hours.

Der Red Max

Reaction score
it gives the date and I have to figure the difference. Change it back.
I like knowing exactly what time a post was made, especially in follow-ups.
"Yesterday" is to general, 24 hrs in a day; "A Week Ago"7 days in a Week; "A Month Ago" 30 days in a month, etc.
I know doing the math may be a pain in the butt but at least you can do the math.
The other way, there's no math that can figure out when post was actually made when you're using relative time.