Tethys Rocket: Looking for RockSim or OpenRocket file

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetricRocketeer

Member of the US Metric Association
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi TRF colleagues,

I would like to download a RockSim or OpenRocket file for the Tethys Rocket. Public Missiles manufactured, and LOC/Precision-PML currently sells, that rocket, as you may know.

Does such a file exist, and does anyone know where I could find it, if it does?

Thank you for your consideration.

Stanley

Here you go, several versions. PML made them (the Rocksim files) available many years ago. (the file date is 2005!) The biggest difference is the motor mount. IIRC, the Tethys uses PML's 'QuickSwitch' motor mount system, so I believe each file is for a different adapter. The Tethys was my first 4" rocket. PML was a great way to get started in HPR, easy to build, great looking kits, and they had a great 'motor matrix' that recommended motors and delays, and gave estimated altitudes. Back in the day, that was super helpful.

Tony

Attachments

• Tethys_29mmMAC-8.rkt
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Tethys_38mmMAC-8.rkt
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Tethys_38mmRedlineEllisMAC-8.rkt
    86 KB · Views: 0
  • Tethys_54mmMAC-8.rkt
    186.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Tethys_54mmRedlineEllisMAC-8.rkt
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi @manixFan,

Thank you so much for these files. I appreciate it.

I was thinking of purchasing this kit from LOC. However, I now see that the fins are fiberglass, and I don't like working with that material.

Stanley

I would bet that if you asked, the folks at LOC would make you a custom kit out of cardboard and plywood.

Back