test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

timbucktoo

Staff member
TRF Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
OK TRFfan, why not put your build in 1 thread instead of having parts & pieces scattered all over this form? Easier to follow for sure & you might get more responses!

TRFfan

Reaction score
OK TRFfan, why not put your build in 1 thread instead of having parts & pieces scattered all over this form? Easier to follow for sure & you might get more responses!
I dont really want to keep people waiting as the build will probably start in a month or so.

rms

Reaction score
Where are you planning to fly this record attempt?

rms

Reaction score
Not with an aftermarket rear closure, sorry. CAR-ACF rules/safety codes are strictly followed at the Gage launch. That rear boat tail closure is a waste unless you are going to fly in the US as TRA research, lvl 2 required or in a field somewhere and then no recognized record.

rms

Reaction score
Not with an aftermarket rear closure, sorry. CAR-ACF rules/safety codes are strictly followed at the Gage launch. That rear boat tail closure is a waste unless you are going to fly in the US as TRA research, lvl 2 required or in a field somewhere and then no recognized record.
Have a look at this from the CAR-ACF model safety code

2) MOTORS. I will only use rocket motors and reloads approved by Natural Resources Canada, Explosives Regulatory Division (NRC/ERD). I will store these motors in a safe and secure manner as described by the manufacturer and NRC/ERD. I will never subject these motors to excessive shock or extremes of temperature. I will not attempt to use, alter, or reload commercial rocket motors, except as instructed by the manufacturer.

Alter is the key word here as your intended after market rear closure would be considered altering and not manufactured approved.

TRFfan

Reaction score
Hey TRFfan - looks like you need to go back to your rocket design from last year.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?131657-24mm-MD-10-000-ft-and-******-6-on-a-CTI-G150
The reason why i ended up changing that design is because it turns out that it had too small fins and too much weight in the nose cone (which probably would end up with it weathercocking). Also, I didnt include alot of necessities that i would need in the actual design-hence the changes. So in reality I will get about 9800 ft without the boatail.

Last edited:

TRFfan

Reaction score
Have a look at this from the CAR-ACF model safety code

2) MOTORS. I will only use rocket motors and reloads approved by Natural Resources Canada, Explosives Regulatory Division (NRC/ERD). I will store these motors in a safe and secure manner as described by the manufacturer and NRC/ERD. I will never subject these motors to excessive shock or extremes of temperature. I will not attempt to use, alter, or reload commercial rocket motors, except as instructed by the manufacturer.

Alter is the key word here as your intended after market rear closure would be considered altering and not manufactured approved.
Oh ok.