Terrier-Improved Malamute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.34.31 PM.png

My first cardstock model build was the Bob Harrington template for the Satellite Interceptor, yes it has that nose cone. It was a very challenging nose cone for a beginner. Now, I simply truncate the tip slightly so I have a small open dia where I can grab the glue tab with tweezers or use a skewer to help close up the glue joint at the tab, and then fill in the tip later with a drop of glue or a piece of balsa that I can sand to conform to the pointy nose cone shape, or just leave the little flat part.

I got a little better at it, but still tricky to get them even, with this Nike Smoke, I put a little dowel in the open hole at the tip.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 4.36.33 PM.png

The Dr. Zooch witch hats on the Soyuz boosters at least have a seam that you can hide when you glue them to the core stage.

That is a cool model, where did you find the template? - never mind I see the link on your other thread.

I don’t know if it’s improved, bit it’s cute, and I’ll bet you it’ll eat your card stock rocket for lunch!

And it is perfectly scaled!

Alaskan Malamute, American Staffordshire Terrier From the Land Down Under

0E1AB22A-3F48-4DD7-AEAF-7DCEACF4F26C.jpeg

Back