Terrier Booster to... what

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What upper stages used a Terrier booster? I see the Malemute. Anything else? I can see an image for anything.

Wait. I should have said. I know of the LOC Terrier Sandhawk. I was looking for others. The LOC package suggests four. But I don't see them. Terrier-Nike-X?

Thank you all. Which of the others ARE legit scale (or a legit combo)?
The terrier sandhawk is legit. The others?

The true BBX (as well as a few others in the Brant family I think X, XI and XII) has it's booster as the Terrier.

Terrier-Sandhawk and BBX (with the Terrier) are both true rockets that use the Terrier booster that LOC sells in the 2.2" to 3" configuration.

You might be able to kludge the 2.6" Standard ARM onto the 3" Terrier which I think is a true rocket as well but I could be wrong. That combo would need a different inter-stage from the one that comes with the booster kit.

For the LOC kits, the Sandhawk, Black Brant, and Tomahawk all were flown with Terrier boosters in real life. Of the three, I believe the LOC Terrier-Sandhawk combo has the closest scale dimensions.

Astronautix.com lists a number of Terrier combinations- some of which were flown only once. (Terrier Nike, Terrier Asp).

Malemute, Orion, Oriole, Lynx, Sandhawk, and Black Brant are the main ones. Recruit is obscure, but has 20 flights listed. I’ve modeled the Recruit as having a cone fin, and it flies nicely.

Those are great!!! Are they all two stage? Drag separate or active? More details?[/url]
All two stage. Made for drag separation, but none of them do. I use a tiny separation charge - just the red cap of the ematch filled with BP. Mostly there are build threads here on TRF. I haven't done a grand summary thread - but here are some Youtube links:

Terrier Recruit

Terrier Malemute

Terrier Malemute

It looks like I haven't uploaded the Terrier Sandhawk flight

Uploaded the Terrier Sandhawk flights. I ran into a little used feature of openrocket that led me to set the safety on the Proton too high, so its just a boosted dart. And failed chute deploy :-(

But it did get rebuilt and off the ground.

My profile pic is a 2-stage BBX that used the Terrier as the booster. It was the PML version that isn't available any more. It was an I300 staged to a H180. PML re-branded timer in the inter-stage and MAWD in the sustainer.

Back