Terrible names (a scratch building challenge)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewW

Rocket Surgeon
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Clarifying OP:

Just for fun, in a cart before the horse kind of way, and also help to spark some scratch build creativity; how about we hear some terrible rocket names as inspiration for new builds, anyone interested can provide their physical interpretation, OR model, or RS model to capture the essence of the name. Anyone game?

@Nytrunner @neil_w @kuririn @BABAR @Daddyisabar

Last edited:
Bad rocket name or terrible? Dunno, but I was kinda happy with No Real Hurry for my 54mm Min diameter bird.

HMS Raving Lunatic
Self Destructive Tendencies
You Should Have Known Better
You have got to be kidding

I Was with a friend at some amusement place. Up abandoned and forgotten on a balcony was a video game (big 1980’s stand up game) called "Total Carnage".
SHe layed claim to the name for rocket purposes.
Several smaller just "Carnage" versions were made, center motor with six stripping boosters.
SHe croaked before "Total" was finished, just a few parts and motor hardware done.
6” P for the center motor, six 4” N's for the stripping boosters.
It truly would have lived up to it’s name and been Total Carnage.

M

I called a rocket 'Skidmark Squash'. It cato'd on its first flight.

I have a distinct lack of creativity so I'm not sure why my name's up in the 1st post
How about,

Look out below
Mentally Unstable
Step Back

First one in mind after having recalled the punny writing on @neil_w thread having a go at his pencil rocket. Which I hope hasn’t been erased from people’s minds.

BTW, the idea for this thread started last night after seeing the tapeworm a la @Daddyisabar for some reason I had the terrible rocket name idea BLASTO-cyst while getting ready for bed and came up with a suitably horrible plan to execute that oddroc.
A Blastocyst rocket would be cool. A clear pink plastic sphere with a penetrating spermatazoa tail for stability. A nice DNA strand shock cord and nucleus chute inside.

This is the tops on my list.

one of the most amazing builds if have seen, complete with gold leaf on the nose.

amazing design, experienced rocketeer.

thread started July 2011, the one and only flight was May 2012.

if you are gonna put that much time and effort into a rocket, do NOT name it SUICIDE KING..

Jump to posts 40, 56 and 64 and 88 for the Reader‘s Digest version..

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/open-body-missile-build-for-my-level-2.24733/page-3

Last edited:
This is the tops on my list.

one of the most amazing builds if have seen, complete with gold leaf on the nose.

amazing design, experienced rocketeer.

thread started July 2011, the one and only flight was May 2012.

if you are gonna put that much time and effort into a rocket, do NOT name it SUICIDE KING..

Jump to posts 40, 56 and 64 and 88 for the Reader‘s Digest version..

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/open-body-missile-build-for-my-level-2.24733/page-3

That's awesome, but also interesting since I know @bandman444. I’ll have to ask him about this one.

Back