Terrible names (a scratch building challenge)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clarifying OP:

Just for fun, in a cart before the horse kind of way, and also help to spark some scratch build creativity; how about we hear some terrible rocket names as inspiration for new builds, anyone interested can provide their physical interpretation, OR model, or RS model to capture the essence of the name. Anyone game?

@Nytrunner @neil_w @kuririn @BABAR @Daddyisabar
Bad Idea #3.

Jeopardy!
The Price was Right
Family Feud

I really like “the price was right” but I’m not sure if it should be made from thrift store finds or exhibit showcase showdown winnings... 🤔

Running through game shows, this one made me lol because I thought: "Don't ask about safety, this garbage is all I could afford!"

I Was with a friend at some amusement place. Up abandoned and forgotten on a balcony was a video game (big 1980’s stand up game) called "Total Carnage".
SHe layed claim to the name for rocket purposes.
Several smaller just "Carnage" versions were made, center motor with six stripping boosters.
SHe croaked before "Total" was finished, just a few parts and motor hardware done.
6” P for the center motor, six 4” N's for the stripping boosters.
It truly would have lived up to it’s name and been Total Carnage.

M

Is a "stripping booster" a strap-on booster?

Core Drill

Lawn Aerator

We've Had an Event

Oh no...

Tree Ornament

The CATO ICBM

مرحبا بالعالم

I hope someone has enough time to start throwing together some OR or RS files for some of these names. Looking forward to reeling what’s been sown here.

How about...

Shreddy Krueger
Weathercock - for which a rocket powered flying chicken is my take on it
PET ROCKet
Perigee
I Can't Believe It's Not Better
Brown Note
Boom Stick
Baby Boomer - probably a goonie of some sort
Rocket of Ages
Fireball

Also I think their may be a whole class of names as RSO/LCO annoyers

IT'S ON FIRE!!!
Heads Up Flight
The Range Is Cold

I will issue a pre-emptive apology to my local club (SARA). I'm sorry not sorry for the tsunami of truly terrible rockets I am about to unleash upon you all. I blame TRF for being the influence on me that it is.

Back