Term for those who wear the mask only over the mouth.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
And this website is oppressive when it comes to freedom of speach. I just found that out. It edited my words. FU. Apparently the mods here love china.
You are allowed to say whatever you want. if you get called on it, then it's your own fault for not knowing & posting in a manner which implies you know / should know. 'Freedom of speech' doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want / feel, and avoid any repercussions / consequences..

Sluggo

Reaction score
You are allowed to say whatever you want. if you get called on it, then it's your own fault for not knowing & posting in a manner which implies you know / should know. 'Freedom of speech' doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want / feel, and avoid any repercussions / consequences..
You are flat out wrong dude. I can say whatever I want. And so can you. Others can figure it out and come along or, not. Carry on folks...... Oh ya, and this..... I can wear whatever I want, too.

Last edited:

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not comparable. Your eating too many big macs is not going to kill me, but your not wearing a mask could.
Those lifestyle choices only affect the person who lives that lifestyle. They increase their own risk, not other people’s risk.
You missed the key phrase in my post: "which turned a flu into a pandemic." The big mac eaters were among the first and hardest hit, which stressed the medical system, created the curve that needed "flattening", and produced the never-ending lockdowns. EVERYBODY is suffering, now.

Remember Italy a year ago? Wasn't it the life-long smokers piling up in the morgue? (Aside. At least today in Italy the kids are in school and you can eat at a cafe without a curfew...unlike here.)

Merely passing by an unmasked nose in the hardware aisle is hardly the death sentence some are ranting over in this thread. If it were, every Walmart cashier would be dead by now.

Sluggo

Reaction score
We're not being judgmental, we're stating a fact. Not wearing a mask properly, given the knowledge that exists today about this disease, is inexcusable. Stupid is as stupid does.

For the record, dogs can and do bite. When they do they can get punished, even put down. The owner knocking around the dog can be punished as well if caught.

What's the punishment for wantonly not wearing a mask and spreading a serious disease to someone else? It's akin to a hit-and-run, which is a crime. An innocent person is harmed by a reckless one. If the person contracting the disease dies, should the mask-less ignoramus be charged with manslaughter? Makes sense to me, except you can't tie person A to person B, so they get away with it. In the end, it's still a crime.

I view all mask-less people (barring those with mitigating medical conditions) as criminally negligent. Period. Oh, AND stupid.
Apparently the murder rate in this country just skyrocketed.^^^^^^^^^^^

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You are flat out wrong dude. I can say whatever I want. And so can you. Others can figure it out and come along or, not. Carry on folks...... Oh ya, and this..... I can wear whatever I want, too.
Um... that's not at all how it works on a private forum.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently the mods here love china.
Not sure about the mods, but the left and media do. It used to be commonplace to name viruses after their place of origin. The "Norovirus" came from Norwalk, OH. Now, saying the "Wuhan Flu" gets you labeled as a racist. However, the media can still call it the "UK variant."

Sluggo

Reaction score
I think this had more to do with the way it was said, not the actual use of the word / place..
The way it was.?? Hmmmmmmm........ Don't edit yourself or anyone else. Speak freely.....

KC3KNM

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Right. That's the part that is wrong. I'll continue to speak freely.
A huge percentage of people in the USA wear a mask. Seems to me it doesn't matter. The virus has skyrocketed still. Social distancing is a better way to avoid the.....plague. AKA..... The Covid - 19.

And this website is oppressive when it comes to freedom of speech. I just found that out. It edited my words. FU. Apparently the mods here love china.
Doesn't seem like you've been "speaking freely" to begin with. 😅

ThirstyBarbarian

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You missed the key phrase in my post: "which turned a flu into a pandemic." The big mac eaters were among the first and hardest hit, which stressed the medical system, created the curve that needed "flattening", and produced the never-ending lockdowns. EVERYBODY is suffering, now.

Remember Italy a year ago? Wasn't it the life-long smokers piling up in the morgue? (Aside. At least today in Italy the kids are in school and you can eat at a cafe without a curfew...unlike here.)

Merely passing by an unmasked nose in the hardware aisle is hardly the death sentence some are ranting over in this thread. If it were, every Walmart cashier would be dead by now.
The people dying were mostly old, not necessarily as you say “Big Mac eaters”. Aren‘t about 80% of the dead over 65? Getting old is not a lifestyle choice. If there’s a lifestyle choice associated with getting covid, it’s refusing to wear a mask and/or social distance.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s a lifestyle choice associated with getting covid, it’s refusing to wear a mask and/or social distance.
Being a good citizen goes both ways. Don't put others at risk, but also don't make yourself a burden or the next likely victim. Being a fat smoker is not a good position to be in the next time the Wuhan Institute of Virology unleashes a new plague upon the world.

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Being a good citizen goes both ways. Don't put others at risk, but also don't make yourself a burden or the next likely victim. Being a fat smoker is not a good position to be in the next time the Wuhan Institute of Virology unleashes a new plague upon the world.
Whoooosh.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
And this website is oppressive when it comes to freedom of speach. I just found that out. It edited my words.
regarding freedom of speech, NONE of us have freedom of speech on this forum nor is there any real or implied RIGHT to freedom of speech for those participating in this forum, supporting members or not. This is not a government funded operation, it is a privately owner enterprise with a number of, in my opinion humble or otherwise, excellent moderators who are generally pretty loose even with off topic (non-Rocketry) stuff, up to a point where it stops being civil or family friendly. I think most if not all of the moderators are either unpaid or at least underpaid volunteers, and I am glad they are here. And yes, I have had at least one of my personal posts deleted because they thought it was inappropriate, and I’m okay with that.

this forum is a privilege for us, not a right. Yes, the owners of the site do manage it in hopes of making money off of it, that’s okay, too. The limits placed by the owners and moderators are relatively minimal and allow the vast majority of us to share and enjoy our hobby and to some extent shoot the breeze on most other things as well.

PayLoad

I don't do spirals
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
regarding freedom of speech, NONE of us have freedom of speech on this forum nor is there any real or implied RIGHT to freedom of speech for those participating in this forum, supporting members or not. This is not a government funded operation, it is a privately owner enterprise with a number of, in my opinion humble or otherwise, excellent moderators who are generally pretty loose even with off topic (non-Rocketry) stuff, up to a point where it stops being civil or family friendly. I think most if not all of the moderators are either unpaid or at least underpaid volunteers, and I am glad they are here. And yes, I have had at least one of my personal posts deleted because they thought it was inappropriate, and I’m okay with that.

this forum is a privilege for us, not a right. Yes, the owners of the site do manage it in hopes of making money off of it, that’s okay, too. The limits placed by the owners and moderators are relatively minimal and allow the vast majority of us to share and enjoy our hobby and to some extent shoot the breeze on most other things as well.
Very few people understand "Freedom of speech". It is nice to see that you do. People have a right to speak freely. They do not have a right to a forum.