Telemini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRFfan

Reaction score
Can anyone post pictures of the telemini inside the altimeter sled with the battery attached to it?

I want to know if the battery is mounted on top of the telemini or to the back.

We're building TeleMini v2.0 this month, hoping to get them in the store for April. It's the same width as TeleMini v1.0, but a bit longer so I could add two more mounting holes past the pyro screw terminals. The new version has an ARM processor, 512kB of flash for flight data recording, a 40mW transmitter and should have the ability to talk over USB with an adapter board if I can get that to work. Oh, and it has a beeper now, instead of a light, which will make it possible to hear the altimeter on the pad and on the ground.

We're building TeleMini v2.0 this month, hoping to get them in the store for April. It's the same width as TeleMini v1.0, but a bit longer so I could add two more mounting holes past the pyro screw terminals. The new version has an ARM processor, 512kB of flash for flight data recording, a 40mW transmitter and should have the ability to talk over USB with an adapter board if I can get that to work. Oh, and it has a beeper now, instead of a light, which will make it possible to hear the altimeter on the pad and on the ground.
Will it have the same dimensions of telemini V1.0?

Will it have the same dimensions of telemini V1.0?

It's the same width, but I added a chunk of empty circuit board past the pyro screws to add two more mounting holes. If you don't want to use those, you could actually cut that piece of the board away (carefully).

Approx. wt. increase?

I don't actually have a v1 board that I can compare to; we sold all of them, and the last one I flew is still safely 'stored' out in the desert. However, the prototypes weigh in at about 5.4g. If you want to save weight, you could remove the screw terminals, battery connector and beeper. That would also make it a lot shorter, which could well help in some installations.

btw, I've updated the web page, https://altusmetrum.org/TeleMini/, with updated content. We also decided to number this 3.0 as we had talked about a 2.0 board for the last couple of years and just couldn't get the cc1111 processor to work right anymore, so we shelved that design and did the v3 design with the ARM processor and higher power radio chip.

Do you have the exact length? I need to design my sled to fit the telemini and to make room for the other components.

and note that you can shorten it back to 1.5 inches if you don't need the aft screw terminals. There's a PDF file with an outline of the board and screw hole locations available. Print that out and you should have a fine proxy. Just for completeness, the board is 0.5 inches wide and 1.67 inches long. The holes are 0.085 inches from each edge.

and note that you can shorten it back to 1.5 inches if you don't need the aft screw terminals. There's a PDF file with an outline of the board and screw hole locations available. Print that out and you should have a fine proxy. Just for completeness, the board is 0.5 inches wide and 1.67 inches long. The holes are 0.085 inches from each edge.
Oh ok.

Back