TeleMetrum/TeleBT setup help needed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Received my equipment today, attached and charged battery, attached power switch. Telemetrum beeps as it should when turned on. However, I'm having trouble getting TeleBT to see it, tried with both AltOS and AltosDroid. Both AltOS and AltosDroid show I am connected to TeleBT, but there is no indication of communication with Telemetrum. All readings say Invalid or None. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Bill

Here's a screenshot from AltosDroid. I am hearing a beep from Telemetrum on my HT every 5 seconds on 434.550mhz.

AltosDroid.jpg

Last edited:
And here is what I see on AltOS with TeleBT plugged into laptop USB.

AltOS.jpg

I entered my call on AltOS as shown on the attached. Is there somewhere else it needs to be entered?

call sign.jpg

Before are 1) what the Configure Altimeter screen is supposed to look like, according to the manual, and 2) what I see when I click on Configure Altimeter. There must be a fix, any thoughts?

configuration screen - manual.jpg

my configuration screen.jpg

One problem solved: I was able to bring up the Configure Altimeter screen by plugging Telemetrum directly into the laptop. I entered my callsign and other info and was thinking that my problem was solved. But no joy, still can't get a remote connection with Telemetrum. I noticed that the RF Calibration number is different for TeleMetrum (7119379) and AltosBT (5695714), is that supposed to be?

One problem solved: I was able to bring up the Configure Altimeter screen by plugging Telemetrum directly into the laptop. I entered my callsign and other info and was thinking that my problem was solved. But no joy, still can't get a remote connection with Telemetrum. I noticed that the RF Calibration number is different for TeleMetrum (7119379) and AltosBT (5695714), is that supposed to be?

Yes, leave those rf things alone. You need to hook up a battery and switch to the telemetrum if you haven't already, and power it on with the board horizontal to be able to connect to the altimeter.

Chris from Chris's Rockets saw my post and called me on the phone, we troubleshooted for over an hour.

Last edited:
Just to close out this thread -- it sounds like Bill has a bum TeleBT and we're going to repair or replace it. Thanks much to both Bill and Chris for trying all of the 'easy' fixes.

Back