TeleMetrum Antenna Issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

rensr

Reaction score
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-25 at 00.48.40.jpeg

I was trying to fix the antenna to the plate but it broke how can i fix my new problem. Thanks.

RocketDestroyer

Reaction score
You could solder on an female SMA connector and try to solder bridge the end of the center pin to the output capacitor. You would need to buy a 433 MHz antenna instead of using the wire antenna. You might also consider trying to solder a thinner gauge wire to the output capacitor and then securing it with epoxy to the PCB. In either case you will need a temperature controller soldering iron and will need to be careful not to use to much heat or the capacitor will come off the board. There are likely other solutions but those are the first two that come to mind.

Edit: You might also drill a small hole where the pad used to be and pass the wire through the hole and carefully solder to the capacitor. Then epoxy the wire for added strength.

Last edited:

dlb

Sky Pyrate...
Reaction score
Adding an SMA connector is your best option, it adds strength. I have SMA connectors all of my Altus Metrum products.

Speaknoevil

Reaction score
Here is the upgrade part. Soldering it is easy. Highly recommend using it instead.