Tee Pee

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
I don't think I've posted this before. It is an 18mm center tube inside a phenolic "ring fin". The only connection between the two body tubes are a series of bamboo skewers. The skewers are under slight tension, as is seen in a couple of pictures. I built it by first constructing a pair of centering rings. The front centering ring had radial cutouts to allow the skewers to pass through. The skewers were tacked in place with CA, then epoxied. I think I'm going to rebuild this with a 24mm ceter tube.

teepee1.jpg

teepee2.jpg

teepee3.jpg

teepee.png

Attachments

• TeePee.ork
    154.9 KB · Views: 12
Do you have an offset lug or something? Pictures 2 and 3 look kind of weird like that
The first was a pair of lugs, stacked, to clear the skewers glued at thenose. They were for a small diameter launch rod. I later glued a larger tube I rolled from paper next to the original lugs. The secong launch lug was much larger in dia.

One more thing for the build pile this year (low priority); I've got to rebuild this beast using a BT50 tube. It's a real pain trying to pack a chute into a BT20 body tube so that it will come out easily, open quickly, and not prang the rocket. Same thing for my Stealth Fighter. It got squashed when I used an engine with too little thrust and too much delay. Something that flight proved; it's stable right up until impact! (after impact, not so much...)

Latest posts

Back