Ted's Caving Page

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading it right now. It's sooo interesting.

Without a little face I cant tell if you're being sarcastic. I think you are by the way the "so" was drawn out....

It gets better..

To bad it ends on Page 10. I can just hear Paul Harvey saying "And now, the rest of the story...."

I have a caving and climbing friend that would tell me freaky stories when he's caving. The wind stopping in a cave is quite freaky from the stories I've heard. One time it was caused by a rising stream during a rainstorm. Rising almost to fast for him to get back out.

Worst I've been scared was when I fell sking a chute and tumbled about 3000 vertical feet before stopping. Eek.

Edward

it left me waiting for more but it appears page 10 is all there is.
I wonder if he was effected by gasses in that cave?
if you notice he was still having hallucinations for awhile after.

I had to stop at page six. first off, not enough time, secondly after reading what some of those pictures are about, I'm a bit scared. I might read it at school later though I don't want to get nightmares;)

I'm with ya Xenon... I did get a bit freaked out, especially about the screaming part.

Without a little face I cant tell if you're being sarcastic. I think you are by the way the "so" was drawn out....

I read it. It sounds good but the www.holyshiite.com host doesn't seem to be made by the most civilized people. Just try it. The story is good but I question it also. I sorta understand the reason for the anonymous names but i also think it's just a story. The aonymous names were just so people don't ask questions. He said people emailed him but I see no email address. The picture not turning out of the room isn't good either. Bad light could've caused the problem. The reader only has some general caving pictures of a guy in a tight spot. That's it. The speech at the end of pg 10 makes it sound like an attempt at a Blair Witch kind of film. i can see both ways but I'm leaning towards fictional with some truth because of the lack of evidence in some places. Just seems like a caving story being exaggerrated. The name of the cave is kind of foreboding.

My $0.02

Yeah, I read it as a cool (even a bit spooky) story - but afterwards decided it was just that: a story. I mean, he spends page 10 describing all the really weird stuff that happened to him at home after his last trip in there. Spent time saying stuff like "I'm fine" and then that he's going back, and that he'll update the pages and everything will be fine.

Right. No more update. As if to imply that he went back and never came out or something. The ultimate scary ending, left to the reader's imagination.

Again - nice story. I liked it!

Indeed, it's nothing more than a good story, but I didn't let you know up front because I wanted you to have a chance to read it from the point of view that it coud be a real journal.

I found it scary, suspenseful, and quite enjoyable. :)

I recall reading this story long-long ago sometime around 1999. Interesting and very entertaining reading.

Originally posted by eugenefl
I recall reading this story long-long ago sometime around 1999. Interesting and very entertaining reading.

Wow! thats amazing! How did you read it before it was written? Can you do this with other stories? If so please, please, please tell me how!;)

Back