Teach me about AT casing accepting CTI 98mm reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick@JET

Reaction score
Looking for a crash course on the ends and outs about CTII loads working in AT RMS cases, specifically the 75 & 98mm. I am aware of the alum seal disk and have heard that you are not able to use spacers yet?

Some back ground - I went to purchase a 98mm 4 grain hardware set and these are in short supply and even shorter supply are the reloads. My planned L3 motor was a CTI 98-4gr N1800 or M1790, however now looking at AT. Finding a motor with the thrust and numbers I want won't be a big deal, but before I purchase an AT case I want to learn as much as possible like;
- what all do I need
- what is the same specs as a CTI 3 grain and 4 grain length equivalent to in AT
- AT load availability in 75 and 98,
- video instruction etc.

Any other tips and tricks is appreciated.

Last edited:
75mm spacers have been available four about half a year or so now, while 98mm's are on the way according to Charlie.

For either caliber, all you need is the case, aft closure, forward closure, and seal disc (with exception to the 75mm one, two and three grain motors). If you order the 75mm or 98mm "Motor" it includes all necessary components.

The Aerotech 75-3840 and 98-7680 are the equivalent CTI 3-grain, while the 75-5120 and 98-10240 are the CTI 4-grain equivalent.

All reloads available with about a ~3-week lead time based on recent orders. 98mm Super Thunder reloads were just certified with others on the way for what it's worth.

Here's a 98mm 4-grain build video:

[video=youtube;K3XrSU_ymuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3XrSU_ymuc[/video]

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Nice thanks Bob, easy peasy. I'll order a 98/10240. Contact you on Monday

Last edited:
Back