Teabag

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee55

Reaction score
Hello. I need help šŸ˜€on the Estes tri-fold paper u glue in the tube ok so how when needed do I get it out when I'll be needing a new shockcord and all. I can't think on how I'll get the paper out to replace it.

Thing is I kinda cut a shockcord to short way to short now I need to redo it all together. I was thinking of tieing some ore cord to the short one but idk if it would hold

Thing is I kinda cut a shockcord to short way to short now I need to redo it all together. I was thinking of tieing some ore cord to the short one but idk if it would hold
I have knotted shock cords together and it is fine if you (a) tie a good knot, (b) check tightness before each launch, and (c) don't leave too much excess to possibly get hung up on things during deployment.

A permanent solution is better, but as a quick fix I would be willing to fly with a knotted extension.

What size is the tube? If it is BT-20 (just under an inch/2.5cm) you should try to remove some of the old one like dhbarr suggested. If it is bigger than BT-20 you can probably just leave it as long as it is fairly flat.

Thanks. Will try the knot frist then go from there. Now I just need to find out how to get the folded paper out of the tube any suggestions? And can I use a rubber band for a shockcord if it's the same size? Thanks

Thanks. Will try the knot frist then go from there. Now I just need to find out how to get the folded paper out of the tube any suggestions? And can I use a rubber band for a shockcord if it's the same size? Thanks
check your local crafts store. They sell elastic bands and usually they are a few feet long. For a few bucks I think you get a 2-3 cords of this length. I use to use them all the time for LPR. As far as the mount just make sure its flat within the tube and you should have no issues if you cant remove it completely. You just want to make sure nothing gets hung up on when the charge goes off.

Thanks for the advice. Glad I found u guys.. was out of the hobby for awhile but just got back into it 2months ago. Can't believe all the fun I missed. Comeing home from work and start a new LPR build.

Make sure you get *braided* elastic, not knit. I usually do 1/8ā€ for smaller rockets (18mm or BT-50 and below), 1/4ā€ for larger up through all but very large 24mm rockets.

Latest posts

Back