TCR TriCities Rocketeers April Launch 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.


Well-Known Member
Oct 13, 2014
Reaction score
Pasco, WA
The Tri Cities Rocketeers will be holding our next launch of 2017 on Saturday April 8, 2017. We will have a 10,000 foot waiver in place limited to L impulse open from 10am-4pm.

If you plan to fly an any rocket that might approach the limit of our waiver, we would ask that you provide sim data that will show us that the rocket will not break the waiver.

We have implemented a liability waiver policy. All event attendees (flyers and spectators, including children) must now have a signed liability waiver on file.
You can download the waiver here:

Please also note our enhanced safety policies as well. You can read them here:

Dry camping is allowed at our site if you would like to come early. Here is an overhead view of our site with camping area marked:

You can visit the page on our website with our "address" to aid in locating our launch site here:

Sparky motors are allowed.

Please keep an eye on our website and the mailing lists and our forum for launch updates. No news is good news, which means I will only make a cancellation announcement if poor weather is expected. If the launch is cancelled, the announcement will be made at least 24 hours in advance.

If you would like to become a TCR member, the annual cost is only $10.00 and is good for our "fiscal" year from April 1st through March 31st. All proceeds go towards maintaining and improving the equipment necessary to provide a better launch experience.

Hope to see you at the sod farm!
Launches have been known to start a bit earlier and last until a bit later, the 10am to 4pm is for the FAA. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Stay tuned for a GO/NO-GO tomorrow (Thursday) for Saturdays launch, the weather forecast has improved from 20-30mph winds and 40 mph gusts, to 10-20mph. As long as the launch is a go we will have the NOTAM in place for HPR flights.
Saturdays launch has been scrubbed due to predicted winds and weather. We hope to see everyone in May.