Taurus V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapDaddy

Reaction score
Hello folks, every one knows of the Ares, the gemini , blah blah blah, named after astrological signs, so i started wondering, why isn't my sign (taurus) a rocket yet? And the Taurus project was born!

I purchased my 9th Estes ricochet to kitbash (STILL haven't built the kit yet)
to enter.
construction started with the pods:
2v3kmya.jpg

then i added the fins to the pod standoffs:
jb4wvo.jpg

then i attached pod 1.....
jb4wvo.jpg

Both pods....
t6ba4g.jpg

the finished bottom half:
2resht0_th.jpg

the finished top half......
vnhurp_th.jpg

And the whole party :D
6i9ysm_th.jpg

most importantly the flight evidence! [YOUTUBE]LFuhQp3HY-0[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: you know how I said " That one worked" , well I said that because, the first launch occured with not enough nose weight,[YOUTUBE]Hw6QDEPi4jY[/YOUTUBE] and the second attempt ended like...[YOUTUBE]-u4r4Ts3vPw[/YOUTUBE]

taurus full.jpg

taurus hi.jpg

taurus low.jpg

Last edited:
Very creative!

Have you tried making your own decals yet? Waterslides would really make your bird shine...

Later,
EV

I printed off some copyrighted logos :D I printed them on plain white paper and glued them on, how do you make waterslides? Isn't there some sort of paper?

SD

Thanks for the link! It's a pity this didn't quite make it, it was my favorite entry!

SD

I've had absolutely fantastic results using the LaserJet decal paper from Sirius Rocketry;

https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/isho...ath=10&zenid=e4abe746ba20a8557fe86284b2e9ae89

What's great about their paper is that it requires very little prep work. Just print, cut out, soak in water and apply. I've never had any inks run or bleed during application. All you really have to do is mist on a light clear coat afterwards to keep them stuck down.

Later,
EV

Back