TATEOR - Talos-Terrier-Oriole sounding rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks good.

I've eyed the Oriole as a possible 1/5 scale project to go with my Talos, Terrier, Nike, Malemute, Tomahawk, and Apache collection. But it's 4" at that scale. Pretty big.

that just looks like a good candidate for a 3-stage gap stager. When are they going to make a C5-0 booster motor?

I think it looks good.

I've eyed the Oriole as a possible 1/5 scale project to go with my Talos, Terrier, Nike, Malemute, Tomahawk, and Apache collection. But it's 4" at that scale. Pretty big.
The Terrier-Oriole might be my first scratch build in over 20 years, but not at 4"; like Charles said: too big.

The LOC Terrier booster is 3" and mates to a few of their kits for a first stage (Iris, BB, etc). Any kits out there that resemble the Oriole?

***Edit - I may ave posted this in the wrong place. Didn't notice this was a cardstock thread.

The Terrier-Oriole might be my first scratch build in over 20 years, but not at 4"; like Charles said: too big.

The LOC Terrier booster is 3" and mates to a few of their kits for a first stage (Iris, BB, etc). Any kits out there that resemble the Oriole?

***Edit - I may ave posted this in the wrong place. Didn't notice this was a cardstock thread.
I don’t know, a 3” diameter card stock model might be interesting. Even if it as a saucer!

That right there is something to be proud of. If there was such a thing as “too pretty to fly”, that would be it.

I don’t know, a 3” diameter card stock model might be interesting. Even if it as a saucer!

Biggest diameter tube you can make from one single sheet, rolled along the paper grain, is 8.5"/Pi, about 2.7", I made a 24mm Big Daddy type rocket like that, it has a through tube with several centering rings for support.

I think I may be undergoing cardstock fatigue now.

If that TATEOR ever has a CATO, then you would have a TATEOR salad. Yeah, that one does look like it would burn you out on cardstock for a while, like going through the trouble of building 3 really nice detailed rockets, but you only end up with one after all that effort. Still, a very nice looking one.

Biggest diameter tube you can make from one single sheet, rolled along the paper grain, is 8.5"/Pi, about 2.7", I made a 24mm Big Daddy type rocket like that, it has a through tube with several centering rings for support.

If that TATEOR ever has a CATO, then you would have a TATEOR salad. Yeah, that one does look like it would burn you out on cardstock for a while, like going through the trouble of building 3 really nice detailed rockets, but you only end up with one after all that effort. Still, a very nice looking one.
If it goes backwards, is it a helicopter since it ROETATs?

Back