Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Pull up forun in mobile Chrome.
Look on top right for 3 stacked dots.
Go down to 'save to home screen".
Save. Icon direct toforum on phone screen.
And end up with ugly Xenforo icon. Could someone please fix this, should take like five minutes.

sl98

Reaction score
Nothing on the forum has been accessed. The ability that it could have been was noticed so the flow of information was cut by discontinuing the app.
I certainly appreciate TFR taking steps to ensure the forum is safe. I have noticed that without the iOS app I only visit the forum once, maybe twice a day when I have access to the home desktop computer instead of multiple times throughout the day when I had the app.

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
And end up with ugly Xenforo icon. Could someone please fix this, should take like five minutes.
Sorry, didn't mean to be so cranky about that.

I reported the issue with the icon a while back, it would be nice if it were fixed now *especially* since this is how many of us will be accessing the forum. I believe all that's required is to add an additional icon file or two for iOS and Android; I think I sent the info before but I will dig it up again if it is any help.

Marc_G

Reaction score
Thanks Angie. I want to underscore my appreciation for your prompt responses and diligent efforts. I'm a bit of a curmudgeon and really love using Tapatalk instead of the mobile browser, but please don't take my grumbliness in any way personally. You are an awesome steward of this forum.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
@neil_w I just asked for it and showed my example. It would look better.
That will be taken care of when the forum updates to version 2 of Xenforo. It could be as soon as sometime this week or next.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
For iPhone, click the icon on the bottom of the screen, center of the page as if you were saving a file and you can add to your home screen.

SpaceRanger1

Reaction score
Tapatalk is junk! I belong to several forums that were assimilated by the TapaBorg. Until they were assimilated, they worked just fine using the browsers on my devices. But now I get locked out of them every time the iOS is updated on my iPhone and iPad, because Tapatalk can't seem to remember my log-ins. Certain "features" (the "Quote," "Like," and "Share" buttons) disappear/reappear at random intervals. Attached images don't appear. Images do not remain linked to the associated post but instead go into one big collection. And now there is apparently an "image upload limit" for each account. What is particularly infuriating is that in order to post issues such as these on the Tapacrap "Support" forum, you have to be able to log in in the first place! Not helpful if you can't log in at all.

I will NOT use the Crapatalk app, and I am starting to wean myself away from those forums that are on Crapatalk. And if anyone who is interested in starting a forum ever asks me what software they should use, I will tell them to stay far, far away from Tapatalk!

heada

Reaction score
The new site on mobile wants to enable push notifications. That was something someone asked for as a replacement for the mobile app.

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The new site on mobile wants to enable push notifications. That was something someone asked for as a replacement for the mobile app.
What device are you on? On my iPhone, if I go into preferences it says "Push notifications not supported".

CalebJ

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It definitely supports them on Android.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Push notifications are part of the v. 2 software. And they just notify you of a new post, etc. I enable them. And you can turn them off if you don't like them.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I like the new icon also. Gives it some character.

Latest posts