Tampa Tripoli Monthly Launch question...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micrometer

Reaction score
Are the public invited to these? I'm not a member, but I've been thinking of attending one of these just to get a first look at hi power stuff, just wasn't sure if the public was invited - can't really tell from the info at the web site. I've poked around with lo power stuff on and off for 30 - some years, but the lack of a decent launch site has curtailed my interests...however I see this location can accommodate lo power stuff, too. What's the skinny? :D

I am sure they would be more then happy to have visitors! :D I know that the 2 clubs I am a member of, we LOVE having spectators come out and take in the action!

Take some rockets with you as I am sure they will invite you to fly too! ;)

I fly with Tripoli Tampa and you should be Ok to just show up to watch. If you decide to fly anything below HPR, that is a $5 launch fee. The site is rather nice, still cannot believe that TTRA managed to snag such a site only 11 miles from my place. If you do show up, a hard hat and chain mail *may* protect you from my stuff :eek::eek::eek:

Now, next month (March launch) is supposed to be that 2 day event with Sunday being a Research launch. Now, on that vein, *may* require membership in TRA just to show up for that. Hopefully someone in the know about this will reply to clear this issue up.

Spectators are more the welcome at TTRA's monthly launches. It's a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. The March launch is a two day launch and Sunday is Tripoli Research day, so Sunday you need to be a Tripoli member to fly.

Thanks for the info. If I were to bring some lo power stuff for a Saturday launch, should I bring my own pad and support equipment, or is that provided?

TTRA provides plenty LPR support equipment. No need to bring your own.

Back