Tampa listers, active clubs??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anybody know of active rocket clubs in the Tampa Bay area?

I tried emailing member of THOR, but no response.
They apparently meet every 3rd Saturday, but the launch site is 40 min away from my house, don't want to drive out there w/o knowing.

thanks, PSD.

Yep - what he said! We've been meeting as a club for the past few months, and we meet on the third Saturday of each month to. We're not NAR chartered yet, but we do have out 5 NAR members. The directions and location that Zippy provided are absolutely correct. Send me an e-mail at [email protected] so that we can contact you.

Jason

Sweet, 15 min drive from my house!
Now I have to finish my E powered Super Bertha and start the Commanche 3:)

Originally posted by pdooley
Sweet, 15 min drive from my house!
Now I have to finish my E powered Super Bertha and start the Commanche 3:)

Pdooley, lookin' forward to seeing you on the 21st! Bring your rockets and a great attitude! Let's just cross our fingers for NO WIND and NO RAIN. We've been cursed with bad wind the past few launches. I promised ChrisVG and the other local Tampa TRFers that I'd bring a kite to ward off the winds.

By the way, WELCOME TO THE ROCKETRY FORUM! Glad to see another Tampa local interested in rocketry and this forum!

Hey, you can call me Pat, nice to meet everyone and thanks for the quick replys. Astronboy got me interested in rocs again, found his website and link to TRF.

I'm just getting back into the hobby, I had one roc, an old Mercury Redstone, now have about 10-15.

I was flying out at USF, the field by Fowler ave is adequate for low power launches. Sent the Redstone and a stock Fat boy up on C motors a couple times.
That was a month ago, wind wasn't too bad.
I guess its the windy time of year now:(

Is the HERC field big enough for a Commanche launch or maybe chad staged Bertha?:)

Let's just hope the wind doesn't haunt us on the 20th March or I'll get angry :rolleyes: :)

Originally posted by pdooley
Is the HERC field big enough for a Commanche launch or maybe chad staged Bertha?:)

Pat, it's all based on the wind. Too much wind and it almost doesn't matter the size of the field. At the HERC field we've flown Comanche 3's, 3-staged <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/products/rocketkits/kit_detail/nomad.htm">Nomads</a>, LOC/Precision 4-29SS on dual G40s, and other regular composite flights! Expect to see plenty of low power and midpower flights. Check out a recent <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5855">HERC Event</a> posted under the EVENTS forum.

By the way, in case you don't already own a <a href="https://www.fliskits.com">FlisKits<a> <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/products/rocketkits/kit_detail/deuce.htm">Deuce's Wild!</a> kit, bring $12.95 with you as I will have a few for sale! (Proceeds from these sales go directly back into the club btw.)

I'd love to see the Big Bertha CHAD staged! Cool!

Originally posted by Leo
Let's just hope the wind doesn't haunt us on the 20th March or I'll get angry :rolleyes: :)

No kidding Leo! I felt incredibly bad for you to come all that way back in November only to find wind and rain! I'm hoping for perfect weather. Do you plan on flying anything in March?

Eugene, I guess we will just keep our fingers crossed for low wind.
Put me down for 1 duece, was thinking about getting one anyway.
Cool, I'll bring some friends and my cam-corder, hopefully get some nice video.

Originally posted by eugenefl
No kidding Leo! I felt incredibly bad for you to come all that way back in November only to find wind and rain! I'm hoping for perfect weather. Do you plan on flying anything in March?

Well, I have a Wacky Wiggler and Fat Boy stashed in Ocala ready for the skies :)

Maybe I can build a 3rd one quick enough to take along for the event also.

Back