Talking Countdown Timer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce

Reaction score
Is there a rocket launcher that counts down in spoken voice and shows the T minus seconds on a display?

Ideally a commercial product or a kit and not a do it yourself project...

You'd think someone would make this, or at least someone in the past has.

I have no idea if there is such a thing, but how is that a need? LCO with a microphone does the same thing for free.

Because not everyone has a Neil...
Indeed! Like I said, the possibilities are endless! Jack King, Mr. T, any sort of celebrity voice. Waity, wait, don't tell me... Carl Castle! - howzabout a sultry female, "oh, baby, 10, that's right, sweetie, 9..." (ok, that's a little over the edge...)

Non helpful post. One of my uncles built an audio (from NASA) with countdown clock launcher back in the 80s. It launched many of my rockets when I was a kid. I know I have some old vids on DVD with it....somewhere.

The vocal count is a neat idea for an addition. Since Don Pardo is no longer with us, the only logical person for the job would be the Count!

the_count.jpg

Can anyone find a link to a "Talking Timer" with BIG, easy to read from a distance, numbers
Oh... you want a giant size one... opt for a raspberry pi and send that hdmi output to your 60" LCD tv

just make it a big webpage, and you could build this in less than an hour

Oh... you want a giant size one... opt for a raspberry pi and send that hdmi output to your 60" LCD tv

just make it a big webpage, and you could build this in less than an hour

I was kind of hoping for something that would be visible in direct sunlight...

A simple monochrome reflective LCD with big digits?

Indeed! Like I said, the possibilities are endless! Jack King, Mr. T, any sort of celebrity voice. Waity, wait, don't tell me... Carl Castle! - howzabout a sultry female, "oh, baby, 10, that's right, sweetie, 9..." (ok, that's a little over the edge...)
And while you're at it, how'bout something like a lawn dart button? Maybe a Wha wha whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa sound effect?

TP

Back