Take care our Hawaiian cousins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully Jim from Missileworks is all right. He is just now recovering from a lawn mower accident.

Don't worry about me. I'm in Dallas visiting FIL. The warm weather followed us here which is why it's blustery in Hawaii.

I finally visited a Hobby Lobby and bought an ESAM. I'm gonna try and build it then launch it on Sunday at the DARS launch. It's funny. All of the staff at HL and a few of the customers wore masks. Practically no one in the Cabela's had a mask.

I'm trying to schedule a MPR (<2000ft) in the Oahu ag fields so we can launch <=G80 motors. We were gonna try on the 4th but scheduled this trip to the mainland instead. It was providence. Hopefully we can launch on the 11th.

Forecast is for heavy rain.
Flood watch is on for all islands.
The high winds and snow are for the summits of the Big Island and Maui, I believe.
Not much up there except the observatories. I think the scientists have either vacated or are taking precautions.
No sense of urgency here, not like when there's an approaching hurricane.
We shall see.

Last edited:
Hopefully Jim from Missileworks is all right. He is just now recovering from a lawn mower accident.

I had no idea he was hurt..
I sure do hope he's ok..
Prayers for him and all there in the weather..

Teddy

Heavy stuff hit Oahu last night, now moving towards Kauai.
Some flooding, mudslides, power outages.
I've seen worse.
Looks like Maui and the Big Island bore the brunt of the damage.
Hawaii News Now at 4:00 p.m.
We flew to Oahu at 10pm then turned around and landed in Maui where we refueled and hopped over to Honolulu by midnight. It was a very bumpy ride.

Back