T-LOC 2.63 End Plates and Stability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattD42

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been trying to find a way to simulate the end plates on the 2.6" T-Loc, but with no luck. The openrocket beta allows pods, however I am unsure as to how accurately I can depict them using thin tubes as pods.
1655105190953.png
According to the instructions, the CP should be at the front end of the fins, but I can't seem to find a way to override it.
If anyone has any tips or tricks on how to do this (or even a complete ork file, wink wink) that would be amazing.

Posting your OR file may help us.

As to over rides: It looks like this can not be overriden.

Is your diagram from the LOC instructions?
What does OR give you for CP?

Posting your OR file may help us.

As to over rides: It looks like this can not be overriden.

Is your diagram from the LOC instructions?
What does OR give you for CP?
Yeah. that diagram is taken straight from the instructions.

I'll attach the rocksim file (from apogees website), and the ork file that openrocket converts it to. I may just have to use a free trial of rocksim.

Attachments

• T-LOC-2.6.ork
    1.6 KB · Views: 0
  • T-LOC-2.6.rkt
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Ok, I see the issue and also tried to add pods but can not get them to show.

I am doing a forum search on the T-LOC and found these threads about rocsim and OR.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/t-loc-fin-stabilizer.170071/

I took one suggestion and add three more fins to the BT rotated 60°. Then increased their size until CP was just ahead of the fins. This should be equivalent to having the fin tip plates. Here is the OR file.

Attachments

• 439742-T-LOC-2.6.ork
    226.4 KB · Views: 0
I see, thank you very much! I will stick an altimeter in it, and see what it reads, and compare it to the sim and adjust the fins accordingly. I suppose its surface area of the fin, rather than where they are positioned, so the rotated fins should work just fine.

Cheers!

Back