Quantcast

Swedish laws on amateur rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Ilias T

Reaction score
I would like to build and launch my own small model rocket in Sweden, but i want to do it in a safe and legal way. My questions are as followed: Do i need a licence to build and launch a rocket that could reach around 100m-200m? Do i need permission or licence from somewhere to build and own my own motors like r-candy motors? If so any tips on where i can get permission etc.? I am very interested in amateur rocketry for a long time now but never did anything since i was worried that i would get in trouble since all the laws here are very strict. But now i am determent to at least try or something. Also there are rocket motors on amazon for example and they claim to ship to Sweden, so can i just simply buy then like any other consumer product?

Thanks for reading my essay, i know it's a lot but i cannot make sense of the laws here! I trried reading it but it's so long and complicated i didn't get it. :)

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to build and launch my own small model rocket in Sweden, but i want to do it in a safe and legal way. My questions are as followed: Do i need a licence to build and launch a rocket that could reach around 100m-200m? Do i need permission or licence from somewhere to build and own my own motors like r-candy motors? If so any tips on where i can get permission etc.? I am very interested in amateur rocketry for a long time now but never did anything since i was worried that i would get in trouble since all the laws here are very strict. But now i am determent to at least try or something. Also there are rocket motors on amazon for example and they claim to ship to Sweden, so can i just simply buy then like any other consumer product?

Thanks for reading my essay, i know it's a lot but i cannot make sense of the laws here! I trried reading it but it's so long and complicated i didn't get it. :)

https://smrk.space