Svenghoulie -- any fans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imma fan. love that stuff. in philly we had dr. shock on channel 17. they used to film a mile from my house, and occasionally i'd see him driving his conversion van around. introduced me to godzilla, gamera, peter cushing and christopher lee, karloff and all the classic stuff, vincent price, roger corman... love it.

imma fan. love that stuff. in philly we had dr. shock on channel 17. they used to film a mile from my house, and occasionally i'd see him driving his conversion van around. introduced me to godzilla, gamera, peter cushing and christopher lee, karloff and all the classic stuff, vincent price, roger corman... love it.

Back in the day in Philly they also had the Ghoul Movie on the old channel 48. He was on in a handful of other cities too. He was hilarious!

It’s full face makeup if you are going all out. That can get uncomfortable the longer you leave it on. I prefer a mask. :)
Those old UHF stations in Philly were magic.

My wife and I are big fans of Sven.. and don't forget "Kermit", the 'Prehistoric chicken'. Jaqui grew up with "Dr. Creep and Shock Theater" filmed in Dayton, Ohio where She lived. Myself, I had "Mr. Willobey and Zone 2" out of St. Louis.

Yeah, I spelled it wrong.

When I was a kid, we had Captain Chesapeake, but he was an after school kind of guy, not scary. Although he did have a pet sea monster named Moandy. That was in Baltimore.

In Washington, DC, we had Captain 20, who was a Spock wannabe, but at night, he was Count Gore du Val, or something like that, and hosted late night horror movies.

remember Wee Willie Webber? here's a piece i wrote about him after he died
Nice write-up. I never heard of him, but your fondness for him is clear in the article. I certainly watched most of those cartoons!

I've watched a couple of episodes and for a horror host he's decent. My fondest memories are from my youth in the '60s watching Shock Theater on channel 13 when I could get my mom to let me stay up late on Friday night which wasn't often. My lifelong love of the Universal classic monsters was born then. The host was Shock Armstrong and except for the short interludes during the ads he didn't interfere much but he was fun always screaming at his off screen mother. The show was actually cancelled about 1966 or so and kids held a protest in Tampa at the studios which brought it back for a bit.

Later when I was aging out of being able to watch these shows, work and responsibilities, the independent in the area brought out Creature Feature with Dr. Paul Bearer. He was around for years until the actor passed away. He did more scifi than Shock and is still well known in the Tampa area.

Attachments

• Shock Channel 13.jpeg
    Shock Channel 13.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • PB Ch 44 Hearse.jpg
    PB Ch 44 Hearse.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 7
Back