Survey for ALL NAR members with regards to NAR COMPETITION

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forcing contests on prefectures is a silly, unworkable idea.

Forcing contest flying to get certified is simply insane.

SIMPLIFY. I've said it before, I'll say it again, altitude per impulse class. Would be an exclusive club. It should be.

...if that attitude of keeping other competitors in the dark in order to win was normal across NAR
I honestly can't tell from your story if the other competitors were actively trying to keep you in the dark (which would be really bad behavior, no question), or simply assumed that you knew what the rules were. In the few contests I've flown in, it was pretty apparent from the paperwork that the durations of two flights were added together, and I've never encountered anything like poor sportsmanship, or anything other than welcoming and openness.

What I have encountered is being completely outclassed by experienced competitors (people turning in amazing duration flights 2-3x longer than mine) and that's a little demoralizing, but I can't blame others for that!

Instead of spending a little here for competition, a little here for land, etc. Spend the money and time on advertising (radio and news) and reaching out through social media. Build a social event with food and the people along with the money will flood the gates. Buy and sell merchandise like nar stickers, shirts, hats. Heck i would love a few nar stickers on my model. Pm me if you need any help. Im really good with the social media thing and have a family member who runs a business selling and making merch on a large scale ( shirts, sunglasses, hats, posters, etc.)

Back