Surfs Up 2009

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stickershock23
Southern Utah Rocket Freaks Yearly 4 day launch is coming quick! Oct 1st though 4th

theres camping, flying great weather and lots of fun!

its about 15 mins from down town cedar city (home of Aerotech)

this is an UNSANCTIONED launch (sorry to advertise here) so bring a pad and fly anything you like. Although Safety first!

Check out the webpage for more info or contact me direct!

https://stickershock23.com/SURFS_UP_2009.html

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
Kinda hard to beleive that we are going to have our first LAWN DART CONTEST. We have worked so hard to get this far, and now we have a publicized launch on the WWW with a lawn dart contest...

Erik

Okay lets get something out here. K and S Rockets is not sponsoring this lawn dart competition. We are donating a chute to the launch but I have asked that it be raffled off and not be used for a event that goes against all safety rules.

You know I pulled my posts because I was frustrated, there are some people in this hobby that should shut the heck up. they think they are better than anyone else here. well I thought about it for a while and they are not. pardon my thought but fooey on those self righteous jerks. they think they can do what they want and no one else can. well I did not ask for those people opinions.

As far as the lawn dart comp goes. Safety was top priority, and after talking to several people, we have decided to change the rules a little and make it one step safer.

Heres how it works, you still get 3 shots at the target. each flight will contain a ping pong ball with a streamer. you pop it out at apogee along with your parachute closest ping pong ball to the target wins.

Now, I am sorry If i offended MOST people here. the other ones that just SPEW NEGATIVE before they talk about something. well I don't need it.. heck none of need it. in my opinion stay the heck away from here you cause nothing but trouble. you are not wanted here, and you bring nothing to these forums but problems.

Why do people like that jump in and tell people they are wrong and there is nothing else to do but say you are wrong. sit down think for a while and work things out. when you dont, it does nothing good.

I am the kind of person, who listens to what everyone has to say, thinks about it for a while, then decides whats best. I think I have done that in this case, and ifI have not, I am willing to listen.

thanks for the input. have fun out there and hope to see you at our launch.

Mark
________

FWIW, when we were in discussions with the folks at The Discovery Channel regarding Rocket Challenge, one of the events proposed by them was a lawn dart spot landing competition.

It was one of several we promptly told them "Not only No, but HECK NO!"

All of them were safety code violations, and we told them that even if they provided their own insurance, it wasn't going to happen.

-Kevin

I've seen a fiberglass rocket go thru a SUV roof and half way thru the seat.:y:
I'll pass, unless the rocket are made of nerf!:)

Sounds very unsafe! But ping pong balls are well within the safety codes.

just a nickles worth.

Last edited:
I've seen a fiberglass rocket go thru a SUV roof and half way thru the seat.:y:
I'll pass, unless the rocket are made of nerf!:)

Sounds very unsafe! But ping pong balls are well within the safety codes.

just a nickles worth.

Not saying this is whats going to happen or even should happen. Ping pong balls it is. BUT

If you air a rocket downrange at 20Deg. and the rocket is proven stable.
what are the odds it will come back towards the range? Unless a fin comes off or the rocket collapses I don't see it happeneing. or at least no different chance of that than any other rocket.

Just a thought.

Back