Support our hobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say it looks a little... I dunno, "off" with the long pointy snout. Also the spars are disproportionately thin. But I understand the likely reasons for both, and the whole thing should still should be pretty awesome when finished.

I have to say it looks a little... I dunno, "off" with the long pointy snout. Also the spars are disproportionately thin. But I understand the likely reasons for both, and the whole thing should still should be pretty awesome when finished.
I agree about the snout and the spars, I was already thinking about what I might do about it...

Ordered a couple of kits from the-rocket-store.com, also ordering the corresponding upgrade kits from Vanderburn- Doorknob and 29mm Big Daddy. 😁
Hope you have better luck with the USPS shipping than I’ve had so far with the Estes kit.

12 Days and counting from Denver to the West Coast.

My VanderBurn shipments arrive within a day or two...admittedly only about 90 miles away “as the crow barks.” 🤭

Hope you have better luck with the USPS shipping than I’ve had so far with the Estes kit.

12 Days and counting from Denver to the West Coast.

My VanderBurn shipments arrive within a day or two...admittedly only about 90 miles away “as the crow barks.” 🤭
I'm in Atlanta and my VanderBurn Cherokee-H arrived in about two days, as well.

Besides my Vanderburn order, I received my enchilada from eggtimer and I also received my Multi-bay from Badass. I ordered some Stickershock, including a set for my Wildman Andromeda among others... 😁

My Estes Doorknob was allegedly out for delivery today.

“...by 7:45pm...”

It’s now a few minutes before 8pm.

14 days as of today. GRRRrrrrrr.

And the regular mail was never delivered today either.

My Estes Doorknob was allegedly out for delivery today.

“...by 7:45pm...”

It’s now a few minutes before 8pm.

14 days as of today. GRRRrrrrrr.

And the regular mail was never delivered today either.
Could be worse. I have some electronics shipping directly from China (only option). China Post handed it over to USPS May 27th. I still haven't seen it. I've given up hope.

I've had shipments stick in the US customs for 6 weeks before. What actually happens is that they hand it over to customs and they eventually give it to USPS. But the tracking is very misleading, it says something that makes it sounds like it's through a step when it actually means it's arrived there.

My mail and my Estes Doorknob package finally showed up at 9:45PM last night.

Estes package was 14 days in shipping from Colorado to the Left Coast...and the last four days at my local post office.

Mach 1 is having a site-wide 15% off Independence Day sale running through July 11th... I've been waiting for the Trivecta 324 to be a rocket of the day, but I might settle for 15%... It will complete my Trivecta trifecta... 🤔

I ordered two Thor’s from Scott Binder.

One is technically a L’il Thor as it uses a heavy 29mm motor tube and an 18mm motor mount. Comes with laser cut ply fins and a full body wrap Scott’s kits are known for, and micro rail buttons. My new favorite low power bird.

The second kit is a 3” diameter Thor with a 54mm stove pipe. I’ve have wanted a full sized 4” Thor from Day One but opted for the more reasonable 3” kit given that Snow Ranch where I fly is literally the mythical “hills and dales”.

Now I‘m looking at GoPro Hero cameras...the 3” Thor comes with a camera bay...

YOLO, mofos. YOLO.

Now I‘m looking at GoPro Hero cameras...the 3” Thor comes with a camera bay...

YOLO, mofos. YOLO.
Check with Scott- the camera bays were designed to fit the go pro hero3 and hero4, my hero is too deep, required modification of the bay, or a replacement camera. Also the newer 8 is taller or otherwise dimensionally(?) different. He was going to make some modifications to make it newer hero compatible. All I'm saying is confirm which heros fit before purchase... ;)

Check with Scott- the camera bays were designed to fit the go pro hero3 and hero4, my hero is too deep, required modification of the bay, or a replacement camera. Also the newer 8 is taller or otherwise dimensionally(?) different. He was going to make some modifications to make it newer hero compatible. All I'm saying is confirm which heros fit before purchase... ;)
Thanks for the tip, Wally.

I remember reading about the Hero 3&4 but I was looking at the newer ones.

That would have been disappointing!

Back