Support our hobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been busy.

Ordered JLCR, AT 24/40 HW, AT D9-7W reloads and a JLCR Protector from Chris. Then I went over to Giant Leap and ordered a chute protector. After that, went to Aerocon to order a copy of the P'fesser's book and picked up some other items, as well, including two of those mortar 'chutes.

I received small motor retainers from Rocketarium along with a couple of Vortico's, and some harnesses from One Bad Hawk. I also had place an order finally for a Wildman DarkStar, albeit a mini along with a couple more retainers. And my curiosity was raised by the mortar chutes comment from John, so I wound up ordering a couple myself.

Picked up a 4" Madcow Squirt on their last sale.
I like the 4"ers looks like, but hate the primer/paint consumption and the SANDING!!!
So with a 12" long body tube this should be fun!!!!
Plus a 54mm motor tube.

Picked up two PerfectFlite altimeters. I vowed this was the week I would get them. I think I checked the website over a hundred times throughout the week. Today, I got very distracted and didn't check till nearly 5 pm, and bam, got two.

FYI, the BT60 bulkhead for the Mach 1 fiberglass cone should be released late next week/early the following week with a handful of other new products.

This bulkhead may have quietly appeared in the store yesterday Along with a few other things. More to come in the next week or so.

If the LOC nosecone Steve supplies is the same one used on the 1.63" Park Fliers you'll need to grind it to get the Lab Rat sled to fit. The one in the photo is for a Park Fliers EZE. It will fit the BT60 body tube by skipping a section of coupler tube over the shoulder. I also modified a Wildman 1.5" FG nosecone for my BT60 Black Hole by adding a section of coupler tube. Here I used the NC bay from SMT Designs.
Which nose cone is the 1.5” Wildman FG cone?

Having trouble getting my bought and paid for Mach1 BT60 FG nose cone shipped and am considering other choices. I already have a LabRat nosecone sled for the missing nosecone. Three emails and no response. Shorted me on the graphics for another kit as well on a previous. I know, I know “fool me once...” Not happy with Mach 1 at all.

Received Qualman BT fin guides- very nice! I will now finish my Defender and my Screamin' Green Meanie. Also, a package that was in limbo for over a week from PML just showed up at the local distribution center, should get it tomorrow, along with my Makerbeam 900x10x10 rail for micro buttons.

Ordered a BT60 (“1.5 inch”) sized fiberglass nose cone from Wildman to replace the “missing” fiberglass nose cone that I was shorted in my Mach 1 Chimera BT60 kit.

The Wildman nose cone is black so that probably shoots down my EggFinder GPS in the nose cone plans.

Be careful out there.

Having trouble getting my bought and paid for Mach1 BT60 FG nose cone shipped and am considering other choices. I already have a LabRat nosecone sled for the missing nosecone. Three emails and no response. Shorted me on the graphics for another kit as well on a previous. I know, I know “fool me once...” Not happy with Mach 1 at all.
Here's the link for the Wildman NC. As I mentioned you'll need a piece of Mach 1 coupler tube to slip on to the shoulder to make it fit the body tube. It's what I use on my BT60 Black Hole. Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Steve at Mach1.

Ordered a BT60 (“1.5 inch”) sized fiberglass nose cone from Wildman to replace the “missing” fiberglass nose cone that I was shorted in my Mach 1 Chimera BT60 kit.

The Wildman nose cone is black so that probably shoots down my EggFinder GPS in the nose cone plans.

Be careful out there.

You will probably still be fine on radio transparency. Most black fiberglass is just black, and not particularly radio absorbent. I have several black fiberglass NCs that are just fine as eggfinder mini bays. Fit for your BT60 tube I don’t know about. That nose cone is a good fit for my 38 bulkhead.

Be careful out there.
The Wildman NC's are fiberglass. I have an Eggfinder Mini in mine and it seems to work fine. It's never been put to a true long distance test however. The appearance is a fooler, they look like carbon fiber.

Here's the link for the Wildman NC. As I mentioned you'll need a piece of Mach 1 coupler tube to slip on to the shoulder to make it fit the body tube. It's what I use on my BT60 Black Hole. Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Steve at Mach1.
Thanks for the tip. Pretty sure I’ve got enough ’glass in the shop to make that work.

Just a caution on the Wildman NC. Black ‘glass interferes with radio transmission so your GPS in the nose cone may not work as expected or reliably.

Picked up two PerfectFlite altimeters. I vowed this was the week I would get them. I think I checked the website over a hundred times throughout the week. Today, I got very distracted and didn't check till nearly 5 pm, and bam, got two.
Sure. And you've probably seen Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster as well 😆😹😁

You will probably still be fine on radio transparency. Most black fiberglass is just black, and not particularly radio absorbent. I have several black fiberglass NCs that are just fine as eggfinder mini bays. Fit for your BT60 tube I don’t know about. That nose cone is a good fit for my 38 bulkhead.
Haha! I was already on your website scoping out the 38mm bulkhead!

Good to know about the RF ”issue” is unnecessary worry on my part.

Thanks!

I just found emails from one bad hawk and aerocon systems in my spam folder... one assumes you have checked there, but can't hurt to mention it.

I just found emails from one bad hawk and aerocon systems in my spam folder... one assumes you have checked there, but can't hurt to mention it.
Good suggestion, Wally.

I just checked all the way back to mid-March and there were no responses from Mach 1 to be found. Didn’t expect to find any because I had received all the previous confirmations and shipping notices.

My spam blocker is part of my website package and I’m compulsive about keeping the rules up to date. Still, I found a few items that had been misdirected so it was a worthwhile effort to check there AND update a few more rules.

Afterward I emptied the Spam Folder so the next time I check there I won’t be going over the same ground.

Got the shipment notification on my roto-sail and roto-foils from Bama chutes. :music1: Made me inquire into my special order chute from rocketman, (it has been cut, so getting there!) as well as check into an Apollo three or four pack for my Sirius Saturn V. The Makerbeam 900x10x10 rails (a pair) arrived with a nice bend in them:mad: Will be checking into returning for replacements.

Hi Aaron. I just finished building three regular Barons but haven't flown them yet. I will post a report on the three regular Barons and the three Mega Barons when I get a chance to launch them. I haven't even had a chance to "flight trim" them yet. Winds in my area are 15 mph every day for the last week. I plan to trim them with thumbtacks.

Fruity Chutes is currently running a 20% off sale. The coupon link can be found on the Book of Faces under the Tripoli Rocketry group. There is a $50 minimum qualifying order.

My order: 1 - 4” Chute Liner, 1 - 5” Chute Liner, and some 600 lb rated Roscoe swivels.

My Badass Rocketry fin guides in sizes 54mm/2.2 and 65mm/2.6 arrived yesterday. Ian does truly Badass work. Very clean printing.

Today I will finalize my LOC Precision order for a LaserLOC 1.63. I will be putting my Wildman 38mm fiberglass nosecone with aluminum tip to good use. It’s gonna need a GPS on a LabRat sled. This skinny little rocket will be used for my attempt at earning a spot on the One Mile Wall my club (LUNAR) maintains. My LaserLOC 2.23 will be my back up rocket for that attempt (I-115 to 5400 feet which will require an Aerotech 54mm hardware set as all mine are CTI).

Received a cryptic response from Mach 1 Tuesday evening to a Facebook message I sent on Saturday: “They have both shipped.” Cryptic because all I asked about via Facebook was the omitted upgraded nosecone. I mentioned the missing graphic in the emails I sent but not in the messenger. Perhaps he read the emails. I dunno. So far nothing has arrived.

Last edited:
Ordered three Mega Barons from Squirrel Works.

Curse you, Mega Baron! Actually, thanks- reminded me I've been wanting to get me a Tardis from Squirrel Works.

Maybe the virus is causing a twitch in your "Add to cart" finger

I have succumbed to the cursed Corona Cart twitch yet again.
Fruity Chutes is currently running a 20% off sale. The coupon link can be found on the Book of Faces under the Tripoli Rocketry group. There is a $50 minimum qualifying order.

My order: 1 - 4” Chute Liner, 1 - 5” Chute Liner, and some 600 lb rated Roscoe swivels.
I needed a big nomex shield for the 7.5" LOC Saturn I have yet to build... these look nice, "click"

received and NCR cluster duck a couple days ago. boatlaod of motors and a couple more kits from AC supply showed up the next day. rail buttons arrived yesterday.

Rotosail and rotofoils arrived from BamaChutes, me likey... Also went ahead and ordered the Apollo chutes from Buddy at Rocketman. Bent Makerbeam 900x10x10 rail has been sent back, replacement won't ship for a few days.

Wally, what exactly is a RotoFoil?

I have a RotoSail but the description for the Rotofoil on the website doesn’t give any idea of what it looks like.

Back