Support our hobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a fin guide from the newly live Badass Rocketry store. But what will I do with a fin guide says I?
Better order a BT20 Alien Interceptor from Mach1!
Some 18mm BP motors have shipped from Balsa Machining.
Waiting for an order confirmation from Performance Hobbies for a 29L retainer for the BT60 Speed Demon.

Ordered a fin guide from the newly live Badass Rocketry store. But what will I do with a fin guide says I?
Better order a BT20 Alien Interceptor from Mach1!
Some 18mm BP motors have shipped from Balsa Machining.
Waiting for an order confirmation from Performance Hobbies for a 29L retainer for the BT60 Speed Demon.
I have some Mach 1's to build, ordered the corresponding build guides from Badass- thanks for that!

Decided to try out a 3' rotosail from Bamachutes... ordered.
Here’s my 3’ Roto-Sail

0D5ABF8C-4673-478D-98E5-6B80DC561B40.jpeg

It looks weird because it’s inside out...the rocket passed thru the shrouds during Chute Release deployment.

Cool colors, tho. Striking when it spins.

Be prepared for a lot of ooh’s and ahh’s.

Dropped some orders through Erockets, and picked up a Fliskits Acme. Buyrocketmotors for 29mm and 24mm casings. Does ordering Goex 4f black powder count? ;)

I had never heard of Rocketry Works until I saw them mentioned on the forum.
I had some odds and ends lying around and ordered some additional stuff to do a scratch build. Nothing exotic, 3FNC.

I have a BT60 Rim 66 from Mach 1 with the plastic nosecone and I want to put a Lab Rat tracker sled in it. He has beta test bits out for that nosecone and should have it ready in a week so I am ordering the sled and nosecone mount plus some other bits from him. That just made me order the nosecone from Mach 1, but now I have a plastic nosecone that needs a home. Ordered the bits to put a 32" long 29mm motor fun flyer together. Ordered hardware from Apogee. Ordered a Mini and a TRS from Eggfinder. About ordered out for a little bit. :D

I have a BT60 Rim 66 from Mach 1 with the plastic nosecone and I want to put a Lab Rat tracker sled in it. He has beta test bits out for that nosecone and should have it ready in a week so I am ordering the sled and nosecone mount plus some other bits from him. That just made me order the nosecone from Mach 1, but now I have a plastic nosecone that needs a home. Ordered the bits to put a 32" long 29mm motor fun flyer together. Ordered hardware from Apogee. Ordered a Mini and a TRS from Eggfinder. About ordered out for a little bit. :D
If the LOC nosecone Steve supplies is the same one used on the 1.63" Park Fliers you'll need to grind it to get the Lab Rat sled to fit. The one in the photo is for a Park Fliers EZE. It will fit the BT60 body tube by skipping a section of coupler tube over the shoulder. I also modified a Wildman 1.5" FG nosecone for my BT60 Black Hole by adding a section of coupler tube. Here I used the NC bay from SMT Designs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_085953.jpg
    IMG_20200501_085953.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 17
If the LOC nosecone Steve supplies is the same one used on the 1.63" Park Fliers you'll need to grind it to get the Lab Rat sled to fit. The one in the photo is for a Park Fliers EZE. It will fit the BT60 body tube by skipping a section of coupler tube over the shoulder. I also modified a Wildman 1.5" FG nosecone for my BT60 Black Hole by adding a section of coupler tube. Here I used the NC bay from SMT Designs.

FYI, the BT60 bulkhead for the Mach 1 fiberglass cone should be released late next week/early the following week with a handful of other new products.

Received my Badass build guides, and some epoxy ordered from eRockets. The epoxy I had ordered several days earlier from Hobbylinc has yet to ship.
Wally, how long did it take for you to receive you guides from BAR (BadAss Rocketry)?

I placed my order yesterday and am eager to try them out.

I'm "sheltering in place" away from my own home, but decided I really needed to check out a Mach 1 kit - something I could do with minimal tools and supplies. I ordered a Trivecta 324 last weekend, and had it by Thursday - great service, and prompt response when I had a question.

2020-05-02 21.28.21.jpg

Over the past few days I have ordered a few OBH harnesses, some BamaChute rotofoils, conformal rail guides and a few kits from Apogee, some 18mm and 24mm motor retainers and a couple of kits from the Rocketarium

Back