Support our hobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent off an order to LOC Precision Rocketry last night.

1. Cool Spool kit
2. Laser LOC 2.23 kit
3. LOC 54 to 29 motor adapter

Then an order to BRS Hobbies...

1. Estes 18mm motor retainers
2. Estes 24mm motor retainers

And finally a custom “Gun For Hire” WuFlu face mask/neck warmer from the Woodland Park Range in New Jersey. Proceeds go to a veterans’ support fund.

Got my deliveries. My Mach1 Black Brant BT50 did not have a nose cone, Steve is sending one right away. The MoreRockets U.S.S. Andromeda and Alien Explorer look very nice. Now I just need to decide which of the MANY kits I now have will be my next build.
My shipment from Mach 1 turned out to have not included the fiberglass nose cone upgrade for my Chimera BT60 when I later compared the contents received to my order file copy.

Emailed Steve two-three days ago but haven’t heard back yet.

Nice! What did you get? Hope to see them at MDRA in the future some time.
She got a BT20 Alien Interceptor and I got a BT50 Patriot. I'll have a Patriot collection -- BT50, 4", and 5.5". And I'll have to scratch-build a few more sizes.

This might be of interest in these trying times. Mary McCarthy of Cosmic Vests and Ties is making space themed face masks. Pat McCarthy is a long-time NAR member. I just ordered two of Mary's masks as the masks that my wife bought are horrible. Cindy has MS so I try to protect myself in order to protect her.

https://www.cosmicvest.com/
I want to order a couple of model kits, but the build pile is huge. Have an Odd'l Rockets Little Green Man and a North Coast Rocketry Lance Delta in work.

This might be of interest in these trying times. Mary McCarthy of Cosmic Vests and Ties is making space themed face masks. Pat McCarthy is a long-time NAR member. I just ordered two of Mary's masks as the masks that my wife bought are horrible. Cindy has MS so I try to protect myself in order to protect her.

I want to order a couple of model kits, but the build pile is huge. Have an Odd'l Rockets Little Green Man and a North Coast Rocketry Lance Delta in work.
Thanks for the info, Buzzard!

Thank you for posting this.

I have contacted Mary for three face masks.

My child bride is immune-compromised and we cannot afford to take chances.

Was eagerly awaiting my 4" Seawolf, unfortunately USPS thought differently I guess...
View attachment 413577
Lately my shipping boxes have been arriving in similar condition. It's frustrating.

Thus far the contents have been undamaged in spite of the horrific damage to the shipping containers.

I cautioned LOC Precision that the USPS has been damaging my fiberglass rocket boxes and could they take extra care packing my cardboard Laser LOC 2.23 rocket kit.

We'll see if that helps in a few days.

Hopefully your Seawolf is undamaged.

Edit: LOC Precision was up to the challenge and smacked the Post Office upside the haid...er, head.

The package arrived festooned with bright orange “Fragile” stickers which usually has the same effect as waving a red flag in front of an angry bull...but the package was totally undamaged!

I sprayed it with disinfectant and it now sits on my sunny backyard patio for an extra decontamination period.

When that is finished I will open the package and report back on the state of the contents but I remain optimistic that all will be in good order.

Last edited:
I just got the first order of parachutes from Top Flight that I had ordered. Everything looks to be of high quality, and I'm quite pleased with them. Sizes ranged from 9" to 24".

Was eagerly awaiting my 4" Seawolf, unfortunately USPS thought differently I guess...
View attachment 413577
The Post Office in Bixby, OK is notorious for damaging packages, I have had words, brought in damaged boxes, bent/cracked body tubes to the Post Master with little result - she stated it was from the contract help. I finally notified the Inspectors and what do you know... no problems since.

I support our rocketry vendors as much as I can.

USPS is notorious for crushing boxes but to date there has been no damage to the contents.

Heres my collection of rocket kit boxes from the past six weeks of lockdown. More than one kit per box in most cases, three kits in some.

Not bragging here, just trying to inspire those who can afford to do so. If these vendors close up shop, we’re facing a hard patch.

Not shown are the boxes from various rocketry parts and pieces I’ve ordered to support the new rocket kits and their recovery.

In no particular order: LOC Precision, Mach 1 Rocketry, SMT Designs, BRS Hobbies, Apogee, Missile Works, Rocket Works, eRockets.

Orders I’m still putting together: Eggfinder, Black Aero, LabRat

3C683A3A-9060-47C0-A9DF-7BF9E1309B34.jpeg

I support our rocketry vendors as much as I can.

USPS is notorious for crushing boxes but to date there has been no damage to the contents.

Heres my collection of rocket kit boxes from the past six weeks of lockdown. More than one kit per box in most cases, three kits in some.

Not bragging here, just trying to inspire those who can afford to do so. If these vendors close up shop, we’re facing a hard patch.

Not shown are the boxes from various rocketry parts and pieces I’ve ordered to support the new rocket kits and their recovery.

In no particular order: LOC Precision, Mach 1 Rocketry, SMT Designs, BRS Hobbies, Apogee, Missile Works, Rocket Works, eRockets.

Orders I’m still putting together: Eggfinder, Black Aero, LabRat

View attachment 413908
What are you thinking about from Eggfinder? I'm looking at "The Whole Enchalida".

What are you thinking about from Eggfinder? I'm looking at "The Whole Enchalida".
I was planning on the Whole Enchilada / EggFinder Mini. Have someone doing the assembly and testing. My soldering skills date back to the point to point and through the board days.

Guys I fly with mostly use Eggfinders.

Back