Support our hobby!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 4 Madcow kits I didn't "need". Almost $3k in the last month between 4 different vendors. I'm tapped out for awhile.

Made an order from Chris at Chris's Rocket supplies for Q-Jet motors, 11 parachutes from Top Flight (my first foray into nylon parachutes), readying a small order from Erockets. Only thing I really need is 1/4" cotton elastic shock-cord, but that is very hard to find due to its popularity among the home made mask makers. Have to wait on that item I guess.

Apogee for a few miscellaneous items, Mad Cow for a Go Devil 54, AMW for a Scalded Tiger kit as well as some CTI bits and pieces and Top Flight for some recovery goodness. This on top of a 3" two stage I am building and a 6" L3 project I have most of the parts for but can't find the time to work on the paperwork part so I can start the build... The (un?)fortunate part is, I work for a company that has some ties to government contracts and the medical industry so I am stuck being a weekend rocket guy and a machinist all week. Meh, guess it could be worse.

Only thing I really need is 1/4" cotton elastic shock-cord, but that is very hard to find due to its popularity among the home made mask makers. Have to wait on that item I guess.

Consider using Kevlar thread or string instead of elastic. I haven't used elastic in years (and just donated some I had to a person making masks).

I placed an order for some of those Quest Q-Jet motors on sale at Chris' Rocket Supply last Saturday night.

I was notified about every process that was happening with the order until it shipped.
USPS tracking information was e-mailed to me.
My order shipped from Georgia on Monday and arrived here in California on Thursday.

Good service, communication, prompt shipping and even a partial refund on the shipping costs. :goodjob:

Not related, just a satisfied customer. ;) :)

Think I’m buying the Simple GPS from Apogee (b-day gift). Not sure why, no one is flying but if it helps the economy I’ll be a Patriot. Might get another Mach 1 Saber Hawk or something slightly larger - Cirrus Dart like. Was also remembering that someone makes Mega Der Red Max clone kits... anyone, anyone..???

Orderd an RRC2+ from Missileworks, Jolly Logic CR from Rocketry Works, a Speed Demon BT60 fiberglass rocket from Mach 1 Rocketry with full EBAY, and an 18" and 24" parachute from Rocketman Parachutes.

Two kits just shipped from Mach 1 -- one for me and one for my daughter. Our first order from Mach 1, we've heard great things! Saw the MadCow sale but the 4" Frenzy I was eyeing was out of stock, not that I need another rocket on the build pile right now... Still considering a Dark Star (Jr?) and a big motor order.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And my US Composites order came earlier this week. Two quart kits of 635, one quart kit of 150, pumps, and a selection of fillers. Going to try it on the Mach 1 -- first time NOT using BSI.

Received an email shipping notice from Mach1. The tracking number shows the post office has received the shipment.

My Chimera BT60 and Micro Mamba BT20 are on the way! Low/MidPower launches here we come...with some new F/G birds.

Not exactly a rocket vendor, but CST Sales has been my primary supplier for fiberglass, Kevlar, and carbon cloth, carbon plate, Rohacell, sandwich panels, etc. for many years. Just got notice they are having a rare sale.
CST Sale.jpg

Hah CST is totally a rocketry vendor...though they may not realize it.

Think I’m buying the Simple GPS from Apogee (b-day gift). Not sure why, no one is flying but if it helps the economy I’ll be a Patriot. Might get another Mach 1 Saber Hawk or something slightly larger - Cirrus Dart like. Was also remembering that someone makes Mega Der Red Max clone kits... anyone, anyone..???
Animal Motor Works has the Mega Fiber Max as well as the Mega Der Red Max clone. They finally got the fins in for the Fiber Bigger Daddy, order placed!
I Also ordered a couple of Dynastar kits from Apogee. Received the Semper Fi I had ordered from LOC in an attempt to will the NSL to not be cancelled. o_O

I placed an order for some of those Quest Q-Jet motors on sale at Chris' Rocket Supply last Saturday night.

I was notified about every process that was happening with the order until it shipped.
USPS tracking information was e-mailed to me.
My order shipped from Georgia on Monday and arrived here in California on Thursday.

Good service, communication, prompt shipping and even a partial refund on the shipping costs. :goodjob:

Not related, just a satisfied customer. ;) :)
+1 on this.

Some Q-Jets from Chris was the most recent rocketry delivery to my house.

Animal Motor Works has the Mega Fiber Max as well as the Mega Der Red Max clone. They finally got the fins in for the Fiber Bigger Daddy, order placed!
I Also ordered a couple of Dynastar kits from Apogee. Received the Semper Fi I had ordered from LOC in an attempt to will the NSL to not be cancelled. o_O

Oh dang!

Been waiting for the Bigger Daddy kit to become available.

Gotta go! Placing an order right now...

EDIT: Well that didn’t work. Had some trouble creating a user account (no checkout as guest option?) and the password reset verification email takes me to an “Internal Server Error”.

I tried.

Last edited:
Oh dang!

Been waiting for the Bigger Daddy kit to become available.

Gotta go! Placing an order right now...

EDIT: Well that didn’t work. Had some trouble creating a user account (no checkout as guest option?) and the password reset verification email takes me to an “Internal Server Error”.

I tried.
They will take an order over the phone if you call them Gloria was very nice.

Orderd an RRC2+ from Missileworks, Jolly Logic CR from Rocketry Works, a Speed Demon BT60 fiberglass rocket from Mach 1 Rocketry with full EBAY, and an 18" and 24" parachute from Rocketman Parachutes.
I got a Speed Demon kit a week or so ago. If you haven't ordered a retainer yet you might not want to get a 29P as suggested. The MMT in my kit has a diameter of 1.200 inches. I got a 29P and the diameter is 1.270 and is a really sloppy fit. I don't want to fill a 0.070 gap with JB Weld. I'm going to get a 29L, diameter 1.215, or for a little more clearance a 29L2 at 1.225.

Hey, thanks for the info! I hadn't ordered the retainer yet - I'll be sure to measure my MMT as well when it comes in tomorrow. 1.200 - to 1.270, that's a 16th of an inch, yeah pretty sloppy for sure! Thanks for the heads up.

I will be supporting the hobby once I retire soon and have more time to build after I do a "deep cleaning" of our abode. Since my spouse passed I sort'a got "behind" and quite actually I enjoy doing domestic work. I at least keep the toilets clean and the bathroom floors washed!! Best thing I invested in was a dishwasher. I had to wait for my wife to pass as she wouldn't allow the old one to be replaced as she feared for her tile kitchen floor so she did dishes by hand! The appliance repairman who was working on the gas stove one time said, "Mrs. Savegnago, I can get that old dishwasher out (it was too old to fix) and put a new one in without damaging your floor. I may have to cut it out but it's no good anyways." After she passed, it was one of the first appliances I bought along with a new stove and new clothes washer. I have no complaints as my wife was very tight with a buck God bless her.

With time on my hands, I can get back to building and flying. Kurt

Got my deliveries. My Mach1 Black Brant BT50 did not have a nose cone, Steve is sending one right away. The MoreRockets U.S.S. Andromeda and Alien Explorer look very nice. Now I just need to decide which of the MANY kits I now have will be my next build.

My Mach1 order arrived today as well.

All parts present, nothing missing or broken, but two of the kit bags were unsealed and the contents were floating free inside the box.

No big, I was going to inventory and examine anyway, right?

BT60 Chimera with SMT Av Bay (wow!), BT55 Electron , and BT20 Micro Mamba, so now I’ve got FIVE kits from Mach 1 to assemble [from previous order: Chimera 65 w SMT Av bay and Red Shift 54mm (w SMT Av Bay on order from vendor)]

Worth noting, if you haven’t seen the SMT Hybrid Av Bay, you ~really~ should check them out at www.smtdesigns.com

My Mach1 order arrived today as well.

All parts present, nothing missing or broken, but two of the kit bags were unsealed and the contents were floating free inside the box.

No big, I was going to inventory and examine anyway, right?

BT60 Chimera with SMT Av Bay (wow!), BT55 Electron , and BT20 Micro Mamba, so now I’ve got FIVE kits from Mach 1 to assemble [from previous order: Chimera 65 w SMT Av bay and Red Shift 54mm (w SMT Av Bay on order from vendor)]

Worth noting, if you haven’t seen the SMT Hybrid Av Bay, you ~really~ should check them out at www.smtdesigns.com
I got an SMT AV bay with my Miss Riley, indeed very nice.

Back