Super Cinco and Ultra Delta Motor Choies?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk54321

Reaction score
I just built an Applewhite Super Cinco and Ultra Delta, both in 24 mm versions. Anyone fly either of these on an E9?

My personal experience with draggy "saucer-type" rockets is that they don't do as well with lower peak thrust, long-burn motors. They tend to arch over and are prone to subsequently power into the ground. I would recommend a D12 over an E9

YMMV

Last edited:
I flew my Ultra Delta on E9's. It flew great as far as I remember and as far as my EMRR logs indicate. I'd assume the Super Cinco would also, although I have only used D12's in it.

Edit: I see the E9 isn't on the recommended motors list on either. It was on the Ultra Delta's list when I beta tested it. If Art took this off, I assume he had a good reason.

Last edited:
I had 7.25" Original Flying Saucer. It was my most reliable rocket for a good flight on an E9. I flew it at least once at every launch for years. So I was a little surprised not to see any E9s in the recommended motor lists for the Ultra Delta or Super Cinco.

I had 7.25" Original Flying Saucer. It was my most reliable rocket for a good flight on an E9. I flew it at least once at every launch for years. So I was a little surprised not to see any E9s in the recommended motor lists for the Ultra Delta or Super Cinco.

It might be because ejection would be at a low altitude even with the -4. You could email Art and ask. I personally wouldn't hesitate to try an E9.

Back