Super Bowl snack/dinner--who's your team?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected. Lady Gaga put on a fantastic performance! She's a very talented performer regardless of her sometimes bizarre costumes and has a powerful singing voice. Sometimes you just can't judge a book by it's cover.

Strong voice, I think some of her moves are not that fluid and a bit quirky...............

(you'll have to click on the watch on YouTube...links ok to there)

[video=youtube;txXwg712zw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txXwg712zw4[/video]

Stef Germanotta had a great voice long before she got the costumes & Nordic songwriters. Still does, apparently.

15 mins of all-out physical exertion while cranking out the vocals, mad respect even if it's not my cup of tea.

Geeze-oh-pete! Gaga's gotta be better than watching some Octogenarian Rocker with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel! I mean, c'mon! The bit I watched of Gaga after the fact, I gotta say she was Fantabulous.

At first when I saw the lights in the background I was trying to figure out if it was computer generated.

fstoppers-lady-gaga-super-bowl-51-halftime.png

But as they started moving around like a “Swarm”, I realized what they were. Lighted drones (quadcopters).

american-flag-image.jpg

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/05/i...s-during-lady-gagas-super-bowl-halftime-show/

I first saw these a couple of years back or so. Tonight, 300 of them (with FAA approval). Computer commanded to fly programed patterns and act as flying pixels for recognizable patterns. Most mid-range and up drones have GPS onboard, and altimeters so, they can know exactly where they are in 3D, And if the controller is set up that way, can fly themselves to an exact spot and altitude. The ground master computer programming is not just sending each one to be in some specific location in say 8 seconds, but also the flight path moment by moment so if lit up there's the artistic motion of the lights moving around, but also very critically commanding each one to move on a unique path to avoid collisions.

Really neat stuff.

[video=youtube;teQwViKMnxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teQwViKMnxw[/video]

[video=youtube;aOd4-T_p5fA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOd4-T_p5fA[/video]

As for the game, well, I did not have a super-strong preference. I wanted to see Atlanta win. But I was OK with the Patriots winning, as often they have been my preferred team in other Super Bowls. When living in Birmingham for so long, and the Falcons usually not very good, I always ended looking elsewhere for some teams to root for, like the Patriots, the Ditka Bears, Montana 49’ers, Bradshaw Steelers, and so forth. So with Atlanta finally making it to the Super Bowl, I wanted to see them win. Oh well. I’m not disappointed. Unlike the Alabama / Clemson game last month with a similar ending, oh crap…..sigh.

Last edited:
As it turned out, our son (who is away at college) was having a minor crisis so we got in the car after church, drove three hours to his school, took him out to dinner at a local Mexican place, and then drove home.

When we got home, everyone's social media posts made it sound like the game was over and Atlanta won, so we went to bed without ever turning the television on.

Looked like a blowout in the 3rd so I started watching something else. Later I checked to see what the final score was and... was shocked and disappointed that I bailed early. I missed a nail-biter Superbowl finish!

What a way to end though, in OT by INCHES. Wow. Just wow.

When we got home, everyone's social media posts made it sound like the game was over and Atlanta won, so we went to bed without ever turning the television on.

I used the DVR to record it, started watching about 2.5 hours after kickoff. MADE SURE not to check anything online that might tip off the score. A lesson learned long ago from other recorded sports.

And then there is this.......

107c30ccec29802093637d297341750b.jpg

Back