Super Big Bertha decals...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsexton

Reaction score
Anyone have a good scan of the Super Big Bertha decals (2.6" diameter version)?

Bruce,

I just happen to have what the doctor ordered. Hope these work for you.

bmhiii

You may want to play with those a bit in a photo editing program. The stripes are a bright red instead of the orange-ish color shown there!

Jason

I would kind of like to get a set or two of those decals myself.
Do any of you guys offer them for sale?

Originally posted by bmhiii
Bruce,

I just happen to have what the doctor ordered. Hope these work for you.

bmhiii

Thank you so much - that is exactly what I was looking for!

I found the instructions on Shasta's site, but that was all there was - the instructions. Anyone have the fin templates and/or BT lengths? This looks like it might be a fun bird to build and fly.

Greg

you could download the big bertha templates and just upscale them to bt-80

Originally posted by stymye
you could download the big bertha templates and just upscale them to bt-80

I know that, but I'm curious what Estes actually did - I thought the same thing about the Maxi Alpha, but the MA fins are NOT scaled up Alpha fins. Although similar in shape, they are smaller than they should be. I figure that was a matter of fitting them on a sheet of 4" balsa. However, that means that the Super Big Bertha's fins might not necessarily be exact scale-ups of the BB.

I don't trust 'em! ;)

Greg

Just wanted to let you know that I sent the scan that "bmhiii" provided to Tom at Tango Papa and he did a little graphic work to clean up the image and now has the Super Big Bertha decals ready for printing -- I received mine in the mail today. They look very nice!

Originally posted by stymye
...or go with a different color altogether.....

Your green bertha reminds me _a lot_ of the Commanche 3. I bet it's the exact same shade of green as the commanche 3 decals are.

Interesting. :)

Back