Super Bertha build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Super Big Bertha was one I had as a kid, amd still have one today. I have such a history with these rockets even my mother remembers it from the early 90's! I've been out of it for a bit, but where did you get this kit? Or is it something you put together? I really wanna make an upscale of an Alpha 3, I've seen some done in videos I just need to find a thread. Anyways. Awesome build and Il'l be wathcing!! 👀

Hey I noticed on the paper its got a PA address, are you in the state? I'm just trying to find people from PA that do launches!

Nice! Super Big Bertha was one I had as a kid, amd still have one today. I have such a history with these rockets even my mother remembers it from the early 90's! I've been out of it for a bit, but where did you get this kit? Or is it something you put together? I really wanna make an upscale of an Alpha 3, I've seen some done in videos I just need to find a thread. Anyways. Awesome build and Il'l be wathcing!! 👀

Hey I noticed on the paper its got a PA address, are you in the state? I'm just trying to find people from PA that do launches!
I am in central/western PA. I fly with tripoli Pittsburgh and also PSC.

I am in central/western PA. I fly with tripoli Pittsburgh and also PSC.
Ok, cool. I'm in Bloomsburg, which is about a 1.5 hour drive straight north of Harrisburg. I've been looking for people to launch with around this area and I did when I joined here in 2012, but I'm not having much luck..

Nice looking rocket.

I too, noticed that you're in the same area code as me.

There's a two day launch at PSC this weekend.

All done. Hope to fly it Saturday.
View attachment 583770
Looking forward to watching this one fly - what motor are you going to use?

And are you bringing some Dragon Rocketry stuff Saturday? I need to replace the big streamer I lost at the last fall’s NOTRA launch when the cover crop ate my Star Orbiter 😏

Looking forward to watching this one fly - what motor are you going to use?

And are you bringing some Dragon Rocketry stuff Saturday? I need to replace the big streamer I lost at the last fall’s NOTRA launch when the cover crop ate my Star Orbiter 😏
It is going to be a low flight. Using a G53FJ to around 650'. I will have the trailer with so I will have everything with.

It is going to be a low flight. Using a G53FJ to around 650'. I will have the trailer with so I will have everything with.
Low and slow is a good idea with Bertha fins. If you fast, you might flutter them off and have small triangular fins for the next flght.

Low and slow is a good idea with Bertha fins. If you fast, you might flutter them off and have small triangular fins for the next flght.

Sometimes you get lucky and they stay together. This is a basically stock Big Bertha with a 24mm mount and an F44-8. If you believe open Rocket that was 71 mph off the rod, 490mph max velocity and 41.7G's :)

Sometimes you get lucky and they stay together. This is a basically stock Big Bertha with a 24mm mount and an F44-8. If you believe open Rocket that was 71 mph off the rod, 490mph max velocity and 41.7G's :)

Holy! It went up! I just did mine on a F23-4FJ not long ago, it was a little slower going up at 500 grams!

Back