Sunward Special Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sunward announced today a sale on select model rockets kits, parachutes, and NOMEX flame resistant blankets and shock cord protectors.

This sale will be at participating retailers, online sellers, and on Sunward's site.

Included in the sale are the following model rocket kits:
Boost Glider, Khufu's Pyramid, King Tut's Pyramid,
Mercury Lander Jr., Solar Eclipse, Interplanetary Shuttle,
Box Racer, Space Speedster, SkyBender,
Flechette, The Screamer!, Explorer,
Bug Me Not!, Lightning Fury, Grasshopper,
Flat Foot, Arachnid,
Daddy Long Legs, Eruption

Included are nylon parachutes in sizes from 12" to 36". The Rocket Recovery Kit, with the new Sunward parachute design is also on sale.

The Rocket Recovery Kit is now shipping with the new dual 12 and 18" parachute design.

The sale includes all NOMEX flame resistant blankets and shock cord protectors.

The sale is for a limited time.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Just a reminder:

The sale, at participating retailers, online sellers, and on Sunward's site, has been going on for the last 6 weeks or so.

Another month to go. Up to 25% off.

I have had requests from distributors and retailers, both brick and mortar and online, that if possible, I continue the sale or parts of it. Seems they like giving their customers a way to save money.

Based on these requests and feedback from rocketeers, I have extended the sale until May 31. Up to 25% off.

This includes all the rockets kits listed above, nylon parachutes - red and yellow, rocket recovery kit, and NOMEX blankets.

It seems sellers and customers like the sale that has been going on since mid January.

Based on feedback, I have extended the sale until June 30. Up to 25% off.

This includes all the rockets kits listed above, nylon parachutes - red and yellow, rocket recovery kit, and NOMEX blankets.

It seems sellers and customers like the sale and the opportunity to save money on quality kits and parts.

I have extended the sale until July 31. Up to 25% off.

Another month.

I have extended the sale until August 31. Up to 25% off.

This includes all the rockets kits listed above, nylon parachutes - red and yellow, rocket recovery kit,Piston Launchers, and NOMEX flame resistant blankets.

One more month.

I have extended the sale until September 30. Up to 25% off.

This includes all the rockets kits listed above, nylon parachutes - red and yellow, rocket recovery kit, Piston Launchers, and NOMEX flame resistant blankets.

The sale also includes the Tri-Force, Penguin, Mini-Moondance, and the new redesigned Gravity Rider - Antarese Class.

Last edited:
I was going to remove some of the kits from the sale ( especially with iHobby coming up this month), but with the start of the sixth year, what better way to celebrate than to extend the sale another month until October 31.

Up to 25% off.

This includes all the rockets kits listed above, nylon parachutes - red and yellow, rocket recovery kit, Piston Launchers, and NOMEX flame resistant blankets.

The response has been great from buyers and vendors alike.

The current sale on select rocket kits will end November 30. Also ending will be the sale on floating head piston launchers and their bases.

The sale will continue for parachute and NOMEX products, for now.

Last edited:
A couple of notes.

The sale on the Nylon Parachutes and the NOMEX products has been extended till February 28.

There will also be a price increase on the following products effective February 1:

05 068 and 05 069 centering rings BT56 (2.00 to 2.29 each)

06 000, 06 001, 06 002, 06 003 Body Tubes assorted ( from .50 to 1.00 increase - still at great prices)
06 080 BT80 body tubes, 2 pack (5.99 to 6.99)

06120 through 06 180 connectors ( bulk packs not changing)

05 200 1/8 Launch lugs (2.00 to 2.29 each)
05 201 3/16 Launch lugs

Cluster cables - all ( increase of 3.50 and up)

One last opportunity to take advantage of old prices.

The 25% sale continues for Nylon parachute and NOMEX flame resistant products.

Nylon parachutes are available in red and yellow, from 12" to 48" in size. Six or eight sided.

The NOMEX flame resistant are available in red or black, from 3 x 3" to 24 x 24" in size. The shock cord protectors are available in 36 or 58" long. Both in red or black.

The 5 ft x 5ft ground protector is available in black.

How wide of a shock cord can you fit into the protectors?...
A flat cord should have no problem with a width of 1 inch. If you bend it over, I am sure a large one will fit. ( The rough material is 2 1/2" wide, folded over, and then the edges serged - so you lose a little bit in width)

For solid core, then I would say a diameter of 1/2"

I cashed in on the Nomex chute protectors and recieved them this week.....GREAT SERVICE !!

Thanks !

Paul T

The 25% sale continues for Nylon parachute and NOMEX flame resistant products for the month of August.

Nylon parachutes are available in red and yellow, from 12" to 48" in size. Six or eight sided.

The NOMEX flame resistant are available in red or black, from 3 x 3" to 24 x 24" in size. The shock cord protectors are available in 36 or 58" long. Both in red or black.

The 5 ft x 5ft ground protector is available in black and is also on sale.

Due to the holiday today, Monday August 2, all orders will be shipped on Tuesday.

The 25% sale continues for Nylon parachute and NOMEX flame resistant products for the month of August.

The 5 ft x 5ft ground protector is available in black and is also on sale....

The sale continues for the month of September.

TARC 15" round parachutes are available, but not on sale.

Last edited:
As we still have a lower cost supplier for nylon fabric and NOMEX, the sale continues for the month of October. NOMEX and nylon parachutes are still 25% off.

For TARC, the 15" round parachutes are available, but not on sale. Each is measured before shipping to ensure they meet contest standards.

Forgot to post.

As we still have a lower cost supplier for nylon fabric and NOMEX, the sale continues for the month of November. NOMEX and nylon parachutes are still 25% off.

For TARC, the 15" round parachutes are available, but not on sale. Each is measured before shipping to ensure they meet contest standards.

Again forgot to post for 2 months

As we still have a lower cost supplier for nylon fabric and NOMEX, the sale continues for the month of November. NOMEX and nylon parachutes are still 25% off. As posted, the Red NOMEX is no longer available in 18 or 24" sizes until we get a new supply.

Back